analogWrite causes I2C encoder lockup

cattledog:
If you look at the alternative outputs (analog or PWM) from the AS5600, do they lock up, or do they continue to report correct position?

Ooh, that's a good point! I never checked, as my PCB doesn't have an analog output, just the SCK/SDA

I never checked, as my PCB doesn't have an analog output, just the SCK/SDA

You should be able to get a probe on the pin at the chip, even if it is not broken out anywhere on the pcb where the chip is mounted. Did you make the board yourself?

If commercially available, can you give a link?

cattledog:
You should be able to get a probe on the pin at the chip, even if it is not broken out anywhere on the pcb where the chip is mounted. Did you make the board yourself?

If commercially available, can you give a link?

Hi, I am currently using my own designed one, but this commercial one behaves exactly the same:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000551682522.html

Both are chips from Aliexpress, so I'm interested to see what happens when I get known genuine ones from digikey!

The analog/pwm out should be on the pin labeled "out" between Vcc and Gnd.

cattledog:
The analog/pwm out should be on the pin labeled "out" between Vcc and Gnd.

Hi
this sounds like a worthwhile experiment, so I set it up, but unfortunately the Aliexpress encoder was totally dead! (returns 3839), OUT value = 5v.

I'll repeat the experiment with another Aliexpress encoder, next time I'm back in the office, where the scope lives!

Thanks for this idea, I'm interested in learning what is happening!
Pete