Another Uploading issue

Hi,

I already read the troubleshooting page twice without success, so I ask your support.

My Arduino Uno (8U2 / 0022) was working fine a few month ago. But today I'm not able to upload anything on it.

• When I hard reset it the Pin13/L blinks 3 times
  • I'm able to dfu-program the 8U2 successfully with (Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex)
  • When I plug it to linux or OSX, the systems detect it and display the serial number in kernel log
  • Serial port appear correctly in the GUI : /dev/tty.usbmodem411 or /dev/ttyACM0
  • RX/TX don't blink at all on upload

Any ideas how I can move on ? Does it mean the ATMEGA328P is burned ?

Please help :)

Below the trace when I try to upload the blink example (from OSX 10.6.8) :

Binary sketch size: 1018 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum) Binary sketch size: 1018 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum) /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P/dev/tty.usbmodem411 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/U-/U-BkMQAAGnuXV0ls0B8FuU+++TM/-Tmp-/build9093756005865674495.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 9 2007 at 11:20:31 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf" User configuration file is "/Users/s0nik42/.avrduderc" User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port : /dev/tty.usbmodem411 Using Programmer : stk500v1 Overriding Baud Rate : 115200 avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20] avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

(deleted)

Hi spycatcher,

Thank you for your answer, I tried multiple times without success TX and RX don't blink and got the message : PRogrammer not responding.

Is there a way to test the Serial part of the 8U2 independently of the atmega328p ? I don't undertand why TX and RX don't blink when I send commands to the board.

Cheers

Is there a way to test the Serial part of the 8U2 independently of the atmega328p

YES! * Select the correct serial port on the Arduino menu * Open the Arduino serial monitor * Wire a jumper between pin 0 & 1 * Hold down reset while you type something and press send. What you type should appear in the RX window.

Ok, nothing is blinking (RX/TX) even on Windows :

Binary sketch size: 1018 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Does it means the 8U2 is dead ?

Does it means the 8U2 is dead ?

The post by smeezekitty gives you a method to determine if the 8u2 is dead. Did you follow those directions? (The error message you posted has nothing to do with what you'd see if you followed them.)

Sorry James if I'm not clear in my message; yes I follow them on my mac; nothing blinking and I don't see anything on the serial monitor... so I tried to upload a sketche with a PC running windows showing the message above; but I think I have to admit the 8U2 is dead... :(