I am just starting out with a new project. I am considering using the Arduino.
What I want to do is make a remote-sensing camera system. Here is the basic overview of what I want to create:
- Video or still camera (color, 2-4 megapixels resolution, etc).
- memory card/flash stick for storage
- motion detector to trigger camera
- switch to turn on/off an external light
- wireless (bluetooth perhaps) to download video from memory card to laptop computer (future plan to network many of these together)
Then for the system, I would like to have control over how long the video records, the light comes on only at night, how sensitive the motion sensor is and perhaps some other aspects as well.
So to start, I was just trying to understand how I hook up a camera and transfer frames or images to a memory card.
Can anyone suggest how I should get started with this? Is it easy to capture digital video to a memory card using the Arduino and some kind of external camera? Is it possible to connect a video camera or a still camera to an Arduio? I have seen miniature cameras on circuit boards on the Sparkfun site, but I am not sure what is involved with actually capturing video onto a memory card.
I am good with software, but I am not so good with hardware. This will be a learning experience for sure!