Arduino auto-connect to the internet

Hi,

I want to control a arduino ethernet through one page of internet
I already did this but for this i had to configure the router first ...

my doubt is if we can program the Arduino to only need connect the network cable and he already be accessible from anywhere in the world without making changes on the router...

it is possible?

like if i take my computer to anywhere and connect him to Ethernet cable (of a router), and if i have a program like Teamviewer software installed, i can access to him easily, independently of which network we are connected...

Thanks for any answer,
José Moura

Those are two different things.
If you want to connect to the Arduino from the internet, you have to open that port in the router. It is not possible to connect to the Arduino when the router is blocking the requests.
TeamViewer uses a central server, and both connect to that server.

You could make a webserver on the internet, and use the Arduino to upload a page to that server. I don't know how that is done, but I think it is possible.

Caltoa:
You could make a webserver on the internet, and use the Arduino to upload a page to that server. I don't know how that is done, but I think it is possible.

thanks for your answer,
its that i'm thinking, so it is possible? someone know how to do that?

my doubt is if we can program the Arduino to only need connect the network cable and he already be accessible from anywhere in the world without making changes on the router...

it is possible?

No, it is not. The Arduino connects to something. That something needs to know that the Arduino is there, and how to get data for it to it.

PaulS:

it is possible?

No, it is not. The Arduino connects to something. That something needs to know that the Arduino is there, and how to get data for it to it.

Thanks for your answer,

And if we use a webserver on internet, it will not work? like Caltoa was saying

And if we use a webserver on internet, it will not work?

That will work. The Arduino will need to periodically poll the server to find out what it wants done. Each client that connects to the same server will be "controlling" any Arduino that connects to the server.

Could you help with more details to do that? Or some tutorials to read?

Thank you very much

Could you help with more details to do that?

To do what? What is it you need help with?

You need a web server/script that serves up a page. That server/script needs to persist the data that any submit buttons cause GET commands to contain. How/where are you going to persist the data?

The Arduino then needs to call a different script on the server to get the persisted data.

I want to control some digital outputs of Arduino trough the Internet with a smartphone or a laptop etc... but this arduino may be in a school or in a house of a friend, etc... and i couldn't program the router of school for example.

So i need to do that we are talking about right?

But i'm a bit lost :confused:

To start i'm thinking to create a website with login, and inside will be some buttons to send data to the arduino.

I need to buy a vps to be my web server?

After i will program my arduino to connect to a web server periodically.

I'm thinking right?

help :slight_smile:

I'm thinking and i'm almost to understand this :smiley:

I only need to create a website where i leave something like a post and my Arduino will be a Webclient and he will periodically read that website in that post area, and compare with something what he have read, this will work?

but i think this isn't a good method

take a look to my project

www.dataino.it

Controlling arduino
http://www.dataino.it/help/document_tutorial.php?id=12

Ciao