Arduino chip on a special Basic Stamp Board

Hi i’m trying to get into microcontrollers and programming, so i’m a real beginner at this.

I would like help figuring out if an arduino chip would work on a special Basic Stamp board i got a few years ago. It is not of the regular size for a Basic Stamp chip, and looks like an arduino would fit, but I don’t know if it would work.

I uploaded the pics.

Thanks for your help.

The Atmel328p microprocessor, upon which the Arduinos are based, would fit into the DIP socket, but the pins wouldn't match up in any way. Arduino Uno are available at many RadioShack stores and inexpensive "clones" are available on ebay.

PS I may have to take that back, looking at it, it looks like some of the pins are routing to over to the headers IC pins 10-14, 15-19. "DeA" = De Arduino? I dunno! Maybe I should "shuddup"?

http://www.adrirobot.it/robot_deagostini/scheda_madre/scheda_madre.htm

D'Agostini Anyway, looks like it uses the discontinued SX28 microcontroller.

You could possibly make an adaptor to use an Arduino or just the mega328 chip, but why would you? I don’t see anything on that board that would make it worth the trouble.

Just buy an Arduino.

Rob

Graynomad: You could possibly make an adaptor to use an Arduino or just the mega328 chip, but why would you? I don't see anything on that board that would make it worth the trouble.

Just buy an Arduino.

Rob

Not only would it not be worth the trouble, you likely couldn't get the pins and such to "match up" - I was looking at doing something similar, to replace the BS1/BS2 in a TAB book robot I had (that had an on-board BS1 on it, or could be upgraded with a BS2); I was wanting to make a "drop-in" replacement for the BS2 (for any project, not just the robot), but looking at the pinout and pin use of the BS1/BS2 - there were some pins/functions that had no ATMega168/328 equivalent (and vice-versa). That kinda put the kibosh on that idea...

:)

All right I was pretty sure the pins wouldn't match up, just wanted an expert's opinion to be sure before discarding the idea. I'll just buy a full arduino.

Thanks for the help guys. Till next time.