Arduino Due + Virtual Wire

Hey guys!

I just received the new Due and was trying to set up a simple sketch to transmit and receive data over RF.

Has someone figured out how to get the "Virtualwire" library working with the Arduino Due? I get the error code

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/VirtualWire/VirtualWire.cpp:20: fatal error: util/crc16.h: No such file or directory

every time i try to compile a sketch.

Thank you!

Unfortunately I have the same problem with my Arduino Uno.I just received my 433Mhz RF transmitter and receiver pair but when I try to compile my sketch in the IDE it gives me a similar error. Even if I use the Examples! I think it's just the version of the Virtual Wire library that is outdated for the current Arduino IDE. (I have the 1.0.3 version and the recent Virtual Wire version is 1.5 which was written back in 2010 ) :roll_eyes:

SO VIRTUAL LIBRARY DEVELOPER, PLEASE FIX THIS!!! :cold_sweat: :0

Your library version probably does not have the /util directory. Use the last version (1.15) and you will solve this problem. Even if I encountered in a next step another problem in the compilation phase. And I am still waiting for an help.
Ciao
francesco

Could you try the possible fix I just posted in this thread: Porting VirtualWire to Arduino Due - #2 by stimmer - Programming Questions - Arduino Forum

I have tried it between a Due and a Uno with a physical wire and that worked, but I have not tried radios yet.