Arduino ethernet pinging 8.8.8.8? - SOLVED

that look like it took. But new errors has came up. It's speaking of the 5100 wiznet and I have the 5500 wiznet.

C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'Status ICMPPing::sendEchoRequest(const IPAddress&, const ICMPEcho&)':
C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:184:11: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'send_data_processing'
     W5100.send_data_processing(_socket, serialized, sizeof(ICMPEcho));
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp: In member function 'void ICMPPing::receiveEchoReply(const ICMPEcho&, const IPAddress&, ICMPEchoReply&)':
C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:207:19: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'getRXReceivedSize'
         if (W5100.getRXReceivedSize(_socket) < 1)
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:219:9: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'read_data'
   W5100.read_data(_socket, (uint16_t) buffer, ipHeader, sizeof(ipHeader));
         ^~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\icmp_ping\ICMPPing.cpp:229:9: error: 'class W5100Class' has no member named 'read_data'
   W5100.read_data(_socket, (uint16_t) buffer, serialized, dataLen);
         ^~~~~~~~~
Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
 Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
 Not used: C:\Users\jJc\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet-2.0.2
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

reading the issue list on github of that library it seems it is outdated/broken.

delete the folder in your library folder and search the next one.

I can not find a newer one of this is the only one I can find. I know why the library for the ethernet 2.0.2 is there is because that is the only one that will work on my 5500 wiznet.

read through the issue list and check what others have suggested.
For example Andrew Susanto has posted a link to a forked library which seems to be maintained.
But this is just one example and I don't know if it will work hence I don't link it ... read the issues.

I never saw the Andrew Susanto one. I found it on google and I have tried it. That does work.

Reply[0] from: 1.1.1.1: bytes=64 time=20ms TTL=255
Reply[1] from: 1.1.1.1: bytes=64 time=19ms TTL=255
Reply[2] from: 1.1.1.1: bytes=64 time=22ms TTL=255
Reply[3] from: 1.1.1.1: bytes=64 time=22ms TTL=255
Reply[4] from: 1.1.1.1: bytes=64 time=15ms TTL=255
Reply[5] from: 1.1.1.1: bytes=64 time=16ms TTL=255

Thank you very much. Also thank you very much DrDiettrich for helping me. I have learned a lot.

Joseph

let's add an link:

Yes that is the one I found by searching that name online.