Arduino GSM Shield 2 no network connection

Hi,

I'm trying to combine an Arduino Uno, Arduino GSM Shield 2, and a Velleman PKA03 motorshield. If you call the GSM shield, a motor should start.
All this i had working fine, and for some reason it stopped working.
I removed the motor shield to test it with the GSM shield only but the NET led keeps blinking (about once a second) which should indicate that he is not connected to the network. If i call the number from the simcard: it is nog available.

I tried all kind of stuff to find the mistake but i'm running out of options. i tried:

• a lot of standard GSM shield codes to test modem, network, etc. --> Same issue no network (modem seems fine)
  • I tried the SIM in a telephone and i can call out, receive call, send and receive sms etc.
  • I tried a different SIM in the shield and i have the same problem --> No network
  • Different power supplies

i use this code (after line 22 it's stuck):

#include "GSM.h"

#define PINNUMBER "0000"

GSM gsmAccess; // include a 'true' parameter for debug enabled
GSMVoiceCall vcs;

int pwm_a = 5;
int pwm_b = 9;
int dir_a = 4;
int dir_b = 8;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode(pwm_a, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(pwm_b, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(dir_a, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(dir_b, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(dir_b, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(pwm_b, HIGH);
  boolean notConnected = true;
  Serial.println("Verbinden...");
  while (notConnected) {
    if (gsmAccess.begin(PINNUMBER) == GSM_READY)
      notConnected = false;
    else {
      Serial.println("Geen netwerk");
      delay(1000);
    }
  }
  Serial.println("Verbonden met netwerk");
  delay(9000);
  digitalWrite(pwm_b, LOW);

};

void loop() {
  if (vcs.getvoiceCallStatus() == RECEIVINGCALL) {
    Serial.println("inkomende oproep");
    delay(1000);
//    digitalWrite(dir_b, LOW);
    digitalWrite(pwm_b, HIGH);
    delay(10000);
    digitalWrite(pwm_b, LOW);
    delay(10000);
  }

if (digitalRead(12) == HIGH) {
    Serial.println("Motor 1 aan");
    digitalWrite(dir_a, HIGH);
    digitalWrite(pwm_a, HIGH);
  }
  else {
    digitalWrite(pwm_a, LOW);
  }
} //END VOID

Any tips one what i'm doing wrong or what i can test?

GPRS sunset in your region?

Do you mean that they are taking down the 2G network? On the website of the provider i chose, they say the 2G network will stay up for at least a few years.
Any way i can test this / switch to 3G?

In many places 2G is indeed going away so GPRS shield will no longer work.

No you can't use 3G, your shield does not support 3G.

Do you have a very old phone where the SIM would fit? can you stick it in there and try to send a SMS?

have you verified if the power supply of the shield has been changed or if it's working properly? (providing enough power ?)

I checked the powersupply. It worked before on this power supply and now it stopped so i tried 2 different new power supplies.
I also checked the SIM card in an old phone. My first thougt was that it was blocked and needed the PUK code. Everything is working fine in a phone. I can send/receive calls and sms.

In that case upload a simple serial relay sketch to an Arduino, attach the shield and make sure you can communicate with it using basic AT commands. (See link in signature for the general idea, you'll need to change pin numbers).