Arduino IDE wont let me upload code to the Mega 2560

As the title says, it wont let me upload. The option for the mega doesn't show up when I search it up to upload to. it will show up in the option to check the code but not to actually upload it. This has seemingly nothing to do with anything on my part as it literally does NOT show up in the search options. any help is appreciated

Welcome to the forum

How and where are you doing this search ?

I often find typing the board into the IDE "Select other board and port" finds the board name, but resets the search list as I type, removing my board name, so I must delete a letter or two of the board name and be ready with my pointer to select the board as I retype the board name, before the search resets again.

To work around this "IDE 2.x feature," I select my board using IDE >> TOOLS >> BOARD >> ARDUINO AVR BOARDS >> my board. Not fancy, but works every time.

It's not at all clear what is going on. Please do some screen grabs of relevant steps. Start with showing us what board is selected and what port it is on as in

I don't have a mega ort anyboard pluged in but yours will show a port that you can select on the right under PORTS

  1. The IDE obtains information about connected boards from the operating system.
    • What does your operating system think of your board?
    • Which operating system?
  2. Did it work in the past with that board?



I didn't know you could add photos, sorry.

I'm on a ASUS Chromebook, I'm an idiot and I don't know what else is going on here. I believe the version of the IDE I have downloaded is the one from the Google playstore which might mean its the mobile(?) version(???) I have no clue. the only two boards I've used is the Arduino uno and now I'm attempting to use the mega because I have more stuff to add to the system.

sorry if none of this makes sense I suck at wording myself, if y'all need clarification just ask for more clarification

Are you using the IDE (offline) or the cloud(online)? There are very different procedures.

Upload indicates you are using the IDE. Your last posts were about downloading from the cloud. Which is it?

i am attempting to upload to the Arduino board, I never intended to talk about downloading from the cloud. technically I am using the Arduino cloud (????) once again I am very confused myself.


here's what the app itself looks like for me.

I am attempting to Upload code to an Arduino mega 2560 using the app.

mild edit: I'm sorry if I called it the wrong thing, its always been referred to as the IDE, I never picked up on it being called "Arduino could", my apologies

This is done with the IDE.

You are trying to use the Arduino Cloud.

Where is your code?

As it says, your board is not conected. Should it be?

because I currently don't have access to the board, as its a school project. when the board is connected it shows the same exact thing.

Remind me again what your problem is. You seem to be saying you want to upload an Arduino Cloud sketch, to a MEGA board, but the board is not connected.

sorry i've been busy.

My problem is that when I try to find the Mega 2560 in the search function on the Arduino could it does not show up, even when the board is connected to my computer.

the app does not need the board to be connected to find it in the search function, it does not read what board is connected to my computer, it goes along with what I've told it, and currently I am unable to tell the app that I have a Mega 2560 connected.

If this doesn't make sense, its like trying to search the alphabet for the letter 'X', you know the letter X exists in the alphabet, and you can see every other letter, but when you search for X it doesn't show up.

Show me these screens on your computer

and

Sanity check. You do have the following I assume, so click Remove then Install after the Remove completes. Now try searching for Mega.