Arduino interfacing issue with 8 channel relay board

Hey there..!!

I am using an arduino and 8 channel relay board to control my appliances.

Program is right and working but whenever I turn on any relay the respective LED light blinks rather than glowing continuously, however I can hear the sound of relay coil.

When any one of relay is on, I can not turn on any other relay.

So basically I can turn on only anyone relay at a time. :confused: :confused:

Supply of Relay board is 12v and I am using Arduino Pro which uses atmega168V.

Hi, please read the forum guide in the sticky post. That will tell you what (and how) you need to post in order for us to be able to help you. Right now, all we can say is that either your program is wrong or your wiring is wrong or you are using the wrong or faulty components, or some combination of those things.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

You say your program is working except for the relay operation.
Did you write your code in stages, getting each stage to work before writing the next.
Then combining each stage together, one at a time, ensuring that each new addition worked?

If so then you must have some code that JUST operates the relays, does this code work properly?

If you haven't got such code, can I suggest to forget your project code for the moment and write some code JUST to test relay operation?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

satyam1332:
Program is right and working but whenever I turn on any relay the respective LED light blinks rather than glowing continuously, however I can hear the sound of relay coil.

When any one of relay is on, I can not turn on any other relay.

So basically I can turn on only anyone relay at a time. :confused: :confused:

You need to make a simple pencil drawing showing exactly how everything is connected and post a photo of the drawing. See this Simple Image Posting Guide

My suspicion is that you are not providing sufficient current for the relay coils.

...R

So you have connected some unknown 8 relay board to some sort of Arduino with some connections or other and powered it by connecting a 12 V power supply of some or other sort to some or other connections on the various parts and you have loaded some code or other but it doesn't do whatever it is that you imagined it would or should do?

Oh puhleeze! :astonished: