Arduino Irrigation Help Needed

Hello all,

Am a newbie in arduino and I want to use arduino to power my irrigation farm with the following function.

Arduino with soil moisture sensor check. once the soil is dry, arduino to switch on the electric 1horse power pumping

machine and at the same time open the solenoid valve to irrigate at a specified timing.

As per powering the pumping machine, arduino should check if there is public electricity supply before switching on the

pump and if there is no public power supply then it should switch on the power generating set to power the pumping machine

and solenoid valve.

After the sensor has confirmed that the soil is wet and moist, then arduino stops the pumping machine and then closes the

electric 220v solenoid valve.

Second task.

Overhead Mist Sprayer (uses a different AC 1horse power pump)

A sensor to check when the sun temperature is 35 or 40 degrees or any programmed temperature and switch on the pumping

machine to power the sprayer for a specified timing. Also arduino should should check if there is public electricity supply

before switching on the pump and if there is no public power supply then it should switch on the power generating set to

power the pumping machine.

Also irrigation records of time and dates and other function will be added up in the setup.

I like to know the hardwares l will need for this project, a guide and codes. I appreciate this .

Thanks

There are several parts to your project each of which has been covered in the forum and on the internet. Make a list of the pieces and research them separately.

Read a soil moisture sensor
Control an AC motor and/or solenoid valve (relay, solid state relay)
Read or detect AC line voltage
Actuate standby generator (depends on specific generator)
Interface and read a temperature sensor (I don't know what sun temperature means?)
Interface and use a Real Time Clock (RTC) for accurate date time.
Interface, read and write to an SD card for storing and retrieving dates and times.

Come back with more specific questions for more specific answers.

I would offer that you should start off with a simple UNO and a data logging shield.
You can get relays as well and there are pleanty of temperature sensors.

google arduino weather station and you will find 90% of what you want is already done.

groundfungus:
There are several parts to your project each of which has been covered in the forum and on the internet. Make a list of the pieces and research them separately.

Read a soil moisture sensor
Control an AC motor and/or solenoid valve (relay, solid state relay)
Read or detect AC line voltage
Actuate standby generator (depends on specific generator)
Interface and read a temperature sensor (I don't know what sun temperature means?)
Interface and use a Real Time Clock (RTC) for accurate date time.
Interface, read and write to an SD card for storing and retrieving dates and times.

Come back with more specific questions for more specific answers.

Thank for the reply. Here is my question.

Actuate standby generator (depends on specific generator): The generator is a 6.5kva generator set with output of 220v 30amps, key starter.

Interface and read a temperature sensor (I don't know what sun temperature means?): Sunlight temperature measurement to prevent sunburn on the plants so that the overhead mist sprayer will be turned on to reduce temperature for some programmed timing.

Public electricity is 220v as well

All your motors and generators are operated the same way, with a relay, and the electricity voltage is immaterial. Arduinio runs on 5v and drives 5v relays.

I submit you should consider getting a Mega rather than a Uno, particularly if you decide to add the following to Groundfungus's list

local display
Ethernet

These projects inevitably grow and, with a Uno, you are likely to run out of memory.

Automate start of power generator - General Electronics - Arduino Forum is a thread on starting a generator that may help.

For "sun temperature" a temperature sensor in a black body will get hotter in the sun than if the sun is not shining.

Nick_Pyner:
These projects inevitably grow and, with a Uno, you are likely to run out of memory.

+1

Thank you all for your contribution. Please l want you to help make a list for required materials for this project so l don;t buy a wrong material.

Read a soil moisture sensor - Soil Moisture Sensor Soil Humidity Sensor Module Soil Hygrometer Detection Module

Control an AC motor and/or solenoid valve (relay, solid state relay) - details of the relay l saw

---- High-Voltage Type M1D 48 □A Single Phase AC/DC Solid State Relay
Product Description
Load Current : 10A、 20A、 25A、 40A、 50A、 60A、 75A、 80A、 90A、 100A、 120A
Load Voltage : 24-480VAC
Control Voltage : 3-32VDC
Control Current : DC3-25mA
On Voltage : ≤1.5V
Off Leakage Current : ≤2mA
On-off Time : ≤10ms
Dielectric Strength : 2500VAC
Insulation Resistance : 1000MΩ/500VDC
Ambient Temperature : -30℃~+75℃
Mounting Methods :Screw mount
The Work Instructions : LED
Weight : 90g(10A,25A)135g(over 40A)-----

which model of current should l choose among this (Load Current : 10A、 20A、 25A、 40A、 50A、 60A、 75A、 80A、 90A、 100A、 120A
Load Voltage : 24-480VAC
Control Voltage : 3-32VDC)

How many Solid state relay will l use for the pumping and the generator set?

Can l use 2 phase solid state relay to power both pump and generator?

Generator amps is 30A

Read or detect AC line voltage: what material do l need for this

Actuate standby generator (depends on specific generator) : what material do l need for 6.5kva 220v 30A generator

Interface and read a temperature sensor (I don't know what sun temperature means?): can l use W1711 microcomputer temperature control switch temperature controller 12V

Interface and use a Real Time Clock (RTC) for accurate date time: what material can l use for this

Interface, read and write to an SD card for storing and retrieving dates and times: what material can l use for this

Arduino: Mega ADK 2560 for Arduino

Arduino Network: NRF24L01_wireless_module_24L01_Upgrade_Version_2_4G_wireless_module_for_Arduino_Uno

local display : LCD display.

Thanks all. am bout to make order for these tools as soon as l get a clear list of intended materials

Please help a brother

Please help a brother

Do you have an Arduino compatible controller board? Have you downloaded and installed the IDE? Can you upload code to the board (like the blink example)?

As for the hardware, we need more information to help you. For instance "Soil Moisture Sensor Soil Humidity Sensor Module Soil Hygrometer Detection Module" does not tell us what we need to know. We need to see a data sheet for the unit.

And data sheets for the pump motors and solenoids before we can help choose the proper relays. A schematic of the generator starting system, at least, is needed to help with that.

Remember that we can't see your project. The only things that we know is what to tell us.

This post might help Beginners - Solving project problems