Arduino Mega 2560 ICOMSAT Sim900 Module COSM

Hi,

I want to use Arduino Mega 2560, ICOMSAT SIM900 module (from iteadstudio) to run COSM code.
I was able to access SIM900 module over Software Serial pins (3 for TX and 11 for RX on Arduino Mega) and was able to run test code that showed messages over hardware Serial port whenever a call was made to ICOMSAT GSM/GPRS module.

Can I find cosm example for ICOMSAT SIM900 Module for Arduino Mega?

Regards

I was able to access SIM900 module over Software Serial pins (3 for TX and 11 for RX on Arduino Mega)

What are the 4 hardware serial ports doing? Why do you need software serial when there are 4 hardware serial ports?

Yes I understand that I can connect GSM Shield on one of the free hardware serial ports. That is better option. What I need is an Cosm example for Arduino Mega that works!

Hi,

If you still want to use software serial, I should verify if the pin your are going to use is compatible with that. I could use pins 10 rx and 11 tr, but I couldn't use 7 rx and 8 tx for instance.

Regards

AFAIK, you can't use pins 7 & 8 on the MEGA 2560 for TX & RX.

asimlink:
Can I find cosm example for ICOMSAT SIM900 Module for Arduino Mega?

I'm not sure you need to. Cosm is an internet service but, as I understand it, that module is for putting an Arduino on the 3G phone network. You therefore need code that connects it to the internet, plus the appropriate accounts in your phone service. Once done, the standard cosm code should suffice.

Outside the libraries, the actual code for cosm only deals with collecting the key and feed numbers, shaping up the data for transmission, and then a single line just for sending it. It is not involved with setting up the hardware.