I am starting a new project with Arduino Uno connected via USB to a Raspberry PI 4 with ubuntu 21.10 64 bits.
I have some other Arduino running with Raspberry and never found this problem. I use always the same Arduino, but other Raspberry are version 3b with Raspbian OS
Actually, the Raspberry sees the Arduino on port ttyACM4 and the Arduino displays ttyAMA0 as the only possible port. ttyAMA0 seems not to be used by any other process.
I have tried to change the owner of ttyACM4 which is root:root but it comes back to that after each reboot.
I have "installed" or declared the port 0043 from 2341 and it changes nothing.
I have no idea what I can try now.
Thanks for any help
Did You prepare as USER for serial communication?
..$ sudo usermod -a -G dialout YourUserName
After logout and login (or reboot) You are member of group dialout and can use the serial ports.
Yes, I have done that and I have tested to be member of dialout group.
I guess it can be a problem coming from ubuntu, the last one and I am now trying with a Raspbian SD card.
I will inform when done.
Thanks
I have installed the Arduino IDE on a new SD card on the same Raspberry PI4 with 2022-01-28-raspios-bullseye-arm64-lite and it works fine now, without any problem.
It could be interesting to know if there is a compatibility problem between arduino and ubuntu 21.10 64 bits.
I was using ubuntu on this PC as it is my desktop and raspios is not so convenient for a desktop. Then I will use two SD cards : one for desktop, and one for raspi and arduino projects, unless somebody can tell me that it can work with ubuntu.
Thanks for your time and I continue on my project, with hope it will work without new problem.