Arduino Pro Micro usb is broken

Hello guys. I'm trying to make a keyboard application with Arduino pro micro, but the usb port was broken 2 times. It's very sensitive as it's a micro usb.

I guess usb ttl converter doesn't work in this regard.

Soldering the pins provides a solution to remedy this situation, but it is very difficult to do.

How can I connect pro micro to computer via pins? I look forward to any of your replies.

Hi @nihatcengiz. We have been discussing this very subject in the thread over here:

You might like the solution mentioned there of uploading sketches to the board using an ISP programmer.

I have also managed to break that USB socket off one of my Pro Micros and was given a couple more by a friend who has a talent for breaking the things too. So I guess it is a common problem. Well, the Pro Micro is still one of my perennial favorites anyway!

Thanks for answer... But I am wondering something. Why is usb ttl converter not working here?

The Pro Micro uses an atmega32u4, which has a built-in USB interface. The bootloader looks at this interface when loading the sketch. The Rx and Tx lines on pins 0 and 1 are a separate serial port, Serial1, so connecting to those with USB converter will not work unless you use a different bootloader.

thanks @david_2018. I was making a keyboard app for my computer. Can I connect with USBASP AVR programmer?

You can program the ProMicro using USBASP; but it does not provide the HID functionality.

You can buy adapter cables with the Micro USB (B) at the one side and USB (A) / mini USB (A) / micro USB (A) at the other side; that way there will be less risk that you break the connector of the PCB.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.