Arduino Pro Mini Blink

This is my first arduino project.
I have an arduino pro mini getting power from my pc via and FTDI cable, and the blink example has been uploaded. I connected the ground to the negative side of an led, and pin 13 to a 330 ohm resistor, to the positive side of the led.
it won't blink
any suggestions?

Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps you can upload a picture showing how you are connecting it.

Which version do you have, the 5volt or the 3.3volt ?

Put a voltmeter on pin 13 and see if it is toggling.

i have 5v, but again im new and idk what a voltmeter is, i mean i can figure out it measures voltage, but if its a hardware thing, i dont have it

Here it is, pin 13 is connected to the positive rail on the breadboard, and that is connected to a 330 ohm resistor which connectes it to the posistive side of the led. The gnd connection is connected to the negative rail on the breadboard which is connected to the negative side of the led. The pro mini is powered via FTDI to USB.
heeelp

dmjlambert:
Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps you can upload a picture showing how you are connecting it.

The picture is in the above reply, i quoted u here because i don't know how notifications work on this forum

There is a built-in LED connected to digital pin 13. When the pin is HIGH value, the LED is on, when the pin is LOW, it's off.

Remove the external wiring to pin 13. Does the built-in LED blink.

If not, show us your sketch (in code tags).

I feel so stupid, i didn't notice the built in led

You don't need to feel stupid. Just the learning process and getting familiar. If you're new to Arduino in general there is a lot of info to go through. What is your knowledge level of electronics and programming in general?

dmjlambert:
You don't need to feel stupid. Just the learning process and getting familiar. If you're new to Arduino in general there is a lot of info to go through. What is your knowledge level of electronics and programming in general?

Intermediate programmer, C++ Java Python
Good with and very interested in electronics, watch all the ben hecks

dmjlambert:
You don’t need to feel stupid. Just the learning process and getting familiar. If you’re new to Arduino in general there is a lot of info to go through. What is your knowledge level of electronics and programming in general?

I also just made another post about headers, i think you could help me there too.