Arduino Pro Mini PCB Layout

Does anyone have a link to a pdf of the hole placement for the Arduino Pro Mini?

I don't have any software that can open the eagle format files available in the product section. I don't need to make my own pcb, but am looking to build a "shield" for the pro mini but need the odd hole locations.

For the main pins down each side, the same as a 24 pin dil socket.

I think some boards (clones) may have different layouts for the remainder.

Put a sheet of paper under the board, and mark each hole using a thin pencil. Or put some foam rubber under the paper, and mark the hole locations using a needle.

If you want to make a shield, don't you need a program that can read and write Eagle files?

I think the easy way to express it is that my betemcu.cn Pro Mini occupies an area of 7x13 0.1" holes on a proto board, which I imagine is standard. The long dimensions do not have excessive overhang, thereby allowing a neighbouring board at one hole spacing. Note that the holes at the ends, while at the standard spacing, are offset half a hole, which can lead to an initial confusion. That is probably all you need.

I use a full-bottle CAD for this sort of thing, but you can probably get by quite well a graphics programme. You just need a dot grid to start with.

DrDiettrich:
Put a sheet of paper under the board, and mark each hole using a thin pencil. Or put some foam rubber under the paper, and mark the hole locations using a needle.

If you want to make a shield, don't you need a program that can read and write Eagle files?

It is my understanding that Eagle files are the design storage files of a particular software package, called Eagle. I don't know, I have never used that particular software package. the package I have does not have a method to import Eagle files. As for making a shield, the dozen or so UNO shields I produced were from the gerber files output from the layout program and sent to the PCB fabricator.

bluejets:
For the main pins down each side, the same as a 24 pin dil socket.

I think some boards (clones) may have different layouts for the remainder.

It's the remainder of the pins I'm interested in, especially A4 through A7 as the USB/FTDI will be a right angle connector not connected to the shield. The Pro Mini's are on order, and I'd like to finalize the shield layout to get them on order as well. (I have already tested by breadboard everything on an UNO).

adwsystems:
It’s the remainder of the pins I’m interested in, especially A4 through A7 as the USB/FTDI will be a right angle connector not connected to the shield. The Pro Mini’s are on order, and I’d like to finalize the shield layout to get them on order as well. (I have already tested by breadboard everything on an UNO).

They are the pins at the end I am referring to. I am replacing the right angle header with straight to save space.

There are four footprints that I am aware of, probably more.

LarryD:
There are four footprints that I am aware of, probably more.

I did notice there are more than one layout, Nick_Pyner has shown another. The one I'm most interested in is for the one here on the Arduino.CC in the products section. In my research I have noticed it referred to as v3. It is (hopefully) the one its way to me.

I'm a little confused as to what you're using.
This one from the .cc page does not have A4, A5, A6, A7 in a line at the end of the board as Nick_Pyner showed, but in an inner row instead.

"The Arduino Pro Mini was designed and is manufactured by SparkFun Electronics. "
and here is what Sparkfun sells:

Can you use a .dxf file? Eagle can export that, I could send you that tonight (not sure it could be attached here).

CrossRoads:
I'm a little confused as to what you're using.
This one from the .cc page does not have A4, A5, A6, A7 in a line at the end of the board as Nick_Pyner showed, but in an inner row instead.

CrossRoads:
I guess I'm confused too. I'm planning to use the one from the .cc page, not the layout from Nick_Pyner (no offense Nick). The reference to the end of the board was in regards to the USB/FTDI programming header. I don't actually need those dimensions as it will be connected via right angle connector and not to the shield.

"The Arduino Pro Mini was designed and is manufactured by SparkFun Electronics. "
and here is what Sparkfun sells:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11113

Can you use a .dxf file? Eagle can export that, I could send you that tonight (not sure it could be attached here).

I have never tried, but the import allows that option. I wonder if AutoCAD format has been changed (my program is many years old). PM sent.

DXF is pretty universal, and this is just a matter of lines and layers, so there shouldn’t be a problem. As an experiment, try the attached!

24x30 7221 plus SD.zip (119 KB)