Arduino shield with Male and female headers

Hello Forum users,

I want to make an arduino shield.
This shield is a lcd shield so that the lcd only uses 3 pins.
Is it possible that the protoboard (where i make the shield on) has a male header into the arduino and a female header for the not used pins?
Look at the photo for more info

• Dobbermann2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Prototype-PCB-for-Arduino-UNO-R3-Shield-Board-DIY-Breadboard-/201463374719

I don't think the headers come with that.

Google : "arduino protoshield KIT"

ieee488:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Prototype-PCB-for-Arduino-UNO-R3-Shield-Board-DIY-Breadboard-/201463374719

That item has a nice 'arduino shape´ but it's not what i asked =(. It doesn't contain male/female connectors

Dobbermann2:
That item has a nice 'arduino shape´ but it's not what i asked =(. It doesn't contain male/female connectors

They won't.

Since you want is custom, you buy your own headers. Not difficult, is it?

raschemmel:
I don't think the headers come with that.

Google : "arduino protoshield KIT"

The headers what come with the kits are standard and won't be what he wants.

So, buy the bare PCB and populate with whatever parts his heart desires.

Adafruit Protoshield

sainsmart-prototype-shield-protoshield-mini-breadboard-for-arduino-prototyping.html

Click on the images in the lower left corner to enlarge the topside view (of the female headers ) and the bottomside view (of the male headers)

Sparkfun Proto Screw Shield

Google Search: arduino protoshield

If you had done what I suggested you would have found it. If you are going to post on the forum, try following instructions you are given.

Actually i found it. It were stackable headers =) #EBaayy

Dobbermann2:
Actually i found it. It were stackable headers =) #EBaayy

Your post makes no sense.

If I search on Arduino stackable headers on eBay, I find the regular Arduino headers.

stackable headers probably WILL NOT FIT in arduino headers.

STACKABLE HEADERS

LOOK AT THE PINS.
SEE HOW WIDE THEY ARE ?

They will fit into OTHER STACKABLE headers but they will NOT fit into the arduino headers so your LCD shield WILL NOT plug into the arduino .

Look at the ones I linked.

Look at the pins on the stackable headers.

You can clearly see the pin dimensions are DIFFERENT.

Post a link for the headers you found.

This is the one i found

Dobbermann2:
This is the one i found
10PCS 8Pin 2.54 mm Stackable 11mm Long Legs Female Header For Arduino S3 | eBay

They are the headers that come standard with prototype shield kit. Nothing special about them.

I don't think those will plug into an arduino.

raschemmel:
stackable headers probably WILL NOT FIT in arduino headers.

STACKABLE HEADERS

LOOK AT THE PINS.
SEE HOW WIDE THEY ARE ?

They will fit into OTHER STACKABLE headers but they will NOT fit into the arduino headers so your LCD shield WILL NOT plug into the arduino .

Look at the ones I linked.

Look at the pins on the stackable headers.

You can clearly see the pin dimensions are DIFFERENT.

Post a link for the headers you found.

The headers on that SainSmart will fit the stackable headers.

They look like the the ones on the 40-pin version that I buy (

) and use to make my own "shield". I solder them so that the plastic piece is below the PCB.

raschemmel:
I am fairly certain those will NOT plug into an arduino.

Why do you say that?

I have bought prototype shields before, and the headers look like those.

The headers in the shield kit shown in your last post are the right ones. The headers in the ebay link you posted are not. Those look just like the Sparkfun stackable headers. They will plug into other stackable headers but not into an arduino. If you have bought protoshields before then why did you post if you know what you need ? What you need is not the ones shown in the ebay link.

raschemmel:
The headers in the shield kit shown in your last post are the right ones. The headers in the ebay link you posted are not. Those look just like the Sparkfun stackable headers. They will plug into other stackable headers but not into an arduino. If you have bought protoshields before then why did you post if you know what you need ? What you need is not the ones shown in the ebay link.

I am not the OP.

I know what I need and what works.

The headers that I posted will connect properly to the Arduino. I have done it multiple times.

Reread the OP's post. He is not looking for what you posted. You are posting on his thread so the headers you should be linking are MALE-FEMALE, NOT MALE-MALE.

What the OP is trying to say here:

Is it possible that the protoboard (where i make the shield on) has a male header into the arduino and a female header for the not used pins?

is he wants to build a protoshield that plugs into an arduino with male pins and has female headers on the top side.

That is my understanding of what the OP said.

raschemmel:
Reread the OP's post. He is not looking for what you posted. You are posting on his thread so the headers you should be linking are MALE-FEMALE, NOT MALE-MALE.

What the OP is trying to say here:
is he wants to build a protoshield that plugs into an arduino with male pins and has female headers on the top side.

That is my understanding of what the OP said.

What he initially wrote as what he wanted is not what he ended posting as what he found/bought on eBay.

What he initially wrote as what he wanted is not what he ended posting as what he found/bought on eBay.

Therein lies the problem. He never clarified what he wanted and what he bought on ebay is not going to do what he asked for.

You can lead a horse to water ....but...