Arduino Sonar (2D for first)

Hello,
i´m planning to build a sonar with Arduino(s).
What i´m planning to build in:
-Ultrasonic cleaner transducer (230V, 60W, Resonance Frequency 40khz [I´ll use harmonic frequencies])
-2x Teensy 4.0 (one for generating sound and one for listening)
-ADC: ADS7883
-DAC: DAC8830
-Amplifier:?
-Laptop

Actually I have some trouble with finding the right components like Amplifiers. Maybe you have some tips for me?

Also here

(You haven’t mentioned what you’re using for a receiver)

I will send and receive signals with the same piezo element.

No, seriously, what are you using for the receiver?

I will use a Analog to Digital Converter connected to an Teensy 4.0 . If a Piezo like described on top receives signals, it will generate a couple millivolts and it is possible to measure it with Arduino. But asking about receivers or something else is not the type of answer I want to have. I asked about tips to find right components for my project.

electronicsnoob:
-2x Teensy 4.0 (one for generating sound and one for listening)

You know you need microsecond timing between the transmitter and receiver? Usually that’s done with one chip, not two. Getting that synchronization between your two Teensies is going to be one of the more difficult parts of the project.

I think AWOL is trying to tell you that the description you read in a physics textbook of the similarity between transmitters and receivers doesn’t work in the real world. You need an actual receiver.

Additionally, I would suggest that the transmitter used in an ultrasonic cleaner is completely unsuitable for sonar. You need a “ping” with a sharp start and stop. The cleaner needs to run continuously and has no concept of “stop.” It will ring like a bell and won’t stop just because you stopped supplying power.

Sonar as in underwater?

Anyhow, have you typed the words 'sonar schematic' into your favorite internet search engine and looked through the result set?

You might even find stuff like this

on the internet.
Or even this:

Glad to be of help.

Thank you for the Schematics. I think, they are really helpful for my Project. It was never in my mind to type this into a Search Engine.

I´ll try to draw a Schematic onto Paper and maybe upload it.

It is possible to use a ultrasonic cleaner transducer as sonar. The transducer is not vibrating, if there is voltage supplied. It is vibrating if there is a pulse supplied. The Electronics in the cleaners generate these pulses. And these transducers are the only one I can work with. Others are to expensive for me. And I will integrate a clock into the sonar, that is sending a pulse to all Arduinos to synchronize them.

It is possible to use a loudspeaker as a microphone.
It is possible to use a LED as a photodiode.

There are reasons we don’t do these things.

When you stop pulsing the transducer, make sure you shunt it. Hard.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
It is possible to use a loudspeaker as a microphone.
It is possible to use a LED as a photodiode.

There are reasons we don't do these things.

When you stop pulsing the transducer, make sure you shunt it. Hard.

Yes, I know. But it is just an Arduino project, and i will try it, even with the wrong components. If it is not working, after I tried it, i will throw it into trash and learn from the mistakes. If it works, I am Happy.

(Thank you for the tip, I will try to shunt it)

Tip: an ultrasonic cleaner transducer is a very poor choice.