Arduino Ublox Wifi Support

Hello,

I spotted that there are a few new Arduino Boards that use a Ublox Wifi Chip (Nina). Are there any libraries out there to add support for the Ublox Wifi to other boards? Like the Mega?

Thanks,

gitur:
Hello,

I spotted that there are a few new Arduino Boards that use a Ublox Wifi Chip (Nina). Are there any libraries out there to add support for the Ublox Wifi to other boards? Like the Mega?

Thanks,

In theory, you could upload the Nina firmware to an Esp32, wire it over SPI to any MCU and use the WiFiNina library. My first try was not successful. The Esp32 is resetting. I used a compiled binary of the firmware, because I don't have the Espressif IDF development installed yet.

Juraj:
In theory, you could upload the Nina firmware to an Esp32, wire it over SPI to any MCU and use the WiFiNina library. My first try was not successful. The Esp32 is resetting. I used a compiled binary of the firmware, because I don't have the Espressif IDF development installed yet.

I wanna use the NINA directly, not via an ESP32 like it looks on the new "Uno Wifi"

gitur:
I wanna use the NINA directly, not via an ESP32 like it looks on the new "Uno Wifi"

you are asking about programming the ESP32 as Arduino? use ESP32 core package GitHub - espressif/arduino-esp32: Arduino core for the ESP32

Juraj:
you are asking about programming the ESP32 as Arduino? use ESP32 core package GitHub - espressif/arduino-esp32: Arduino core for the ESP32

No, i'm asking if there is libray to connect a blank NINA module (like soldering wires to it) to a standart arduino (mega328 or 2560).

The new arduino uno wifi uses ATMEGA4809 along with the NINA, my question was if there is a libray to use the NINA module with any other Arduino.

gitur:
No, i’m asking if there is libray to connect a blank NINA module (like soldering wires to it) to a standart arduino (mega328 or 2560).

The new arduino uno wifi uses ATMEGA4809 along with the NINA, my question was if there is a libray to use the NINA module with any other Arduino.

the WiFiNina library isn’t architecture specific so it is sure it works with 2560 and 328 and any AVR and any SAMD (it is used for MKR1010 and MKR4000 both with Nina on board)

and Nina is Esp32, if it is not clear