Arduino UNO rev3 connection problems

Hey,

Been searching trough these forums and I cannot find a solution to my problem.
I've seen people posting about the same problem, but without getting the problem solved.
So I will try again.

When I try to program the UNO I get this error:
stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

All the drivers should be installed correctly since I tried to reinstall them a few times.
One thing that might be worth mentioning is that I get the UNOrev3 instead of the UNO driver in the Device Manager(saw a guide where they had UNO instead of the rev3)

I'm using Windows 7 x64.

I also saw some pictures where they were burning the bootloader and I wonder, is it possible to do without cables and stuff?

// Mikael Johansson

Did you try the troubleshooting guide? http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting

Yes, I tried a few of them out without success. I will check it out more thoroughly later tonight.

Thanks for the quick answer

Okay, I tried to follow the tips from the guide without success. I still have the same problem.

When burning programs/bootloader to the UNO, do I need more cables other than the USB?

I've tried using a AVRISP mkII without success as well.
This is what I've tried:

1 USB -> UNO,
2. USB -> AVR mkII -> UNO
3. USB-> AVR mkII -> UNO (2 USB connections)

Please keep in mind that I'm totally new to these Arduino boards

To upload sketches to your UNO, you only need to have the USB connected to the UNO.

In the IDE:
Select the Tools Menu -> Board -> Arduino Uno
Select the Tools Menu -> Serial Port -> Select the COM port that was assigned to your UNO

The lower right corner of the IDE should say something like "Arduino Uno on COMxx"

That's what it says. I still get the stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 problem :confused:

What are the results of the loopback test by following these steps: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73748.0.html

The loop-back echoes the input string. Any ideas on what can be wrong, alot of people here have the same problems as well.

arigatou:
I also saw some pictures where they were burning the bootloader and I wonder, is it possible to do without cables and stuff?

Without cables? Can you elaborate on that?

arigatou:
That's what it says. I still get the stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 problem :confused:

When you connect the arduino, did it show some notification in your toolbar whether it is installed or not?
If so, have you check the COM used, MyComputer-->Manage-->Device Manager?

Gents,
I am not a newbie and I have the same problem. Got an Uno R3 today and ready to jump on it.

Guys,
I think I found something on this problem.
I have Arduino-1.0 installed but I am still using Arduino-0022 for some projects. If I run the Arduino 1.0 IDE and load the Blinky sketch, It works just fine. I have a sneaky suspicion that the boatloader software is not backward compatible. The later devices have the optiboot firmware and I am not sure that if there is some problem.

Can a Guru help us here please? Nick, Crossroads, anyone?

Try installing the optiboot bootloader under 1.0 and then selecting Uno as the board type.

Did you mean install Optiboot under Arduino-0022. It seems to work under Arduino-1.0?

I have the same problem, just bought an UNO R3 and checked eveything, please help

I just noticed that after installing Uno R3 driver, none of my programming devices work now either. (jtagicemkII, AvrIsp mkII)

johniemoth:
I have the same problem, just bought an UNO R3 and checked eveything, please help

johniemoth:
Hi All, just solve it by changing the port from COM3 to COM4 ....

@johniemoth ... Please don't create 4 threads basically on the same subject. Some people help you on this one, some on another one, and it just wastes time. For example I only found out on the other thread your problem is solved, which you didn't say here.