Arduino Uno suddenly doesn't want to upload

Hi Everyone,

I got an Arduino Uno early last year (March, if that helps) for use in my robotics projects. The board worked fine throughout the summer and I actually built and bootloaded a few home made boards. Then high school started and all of my stuff went into storage. Anyways, I finally had some time to pull everything out again and start having fun with my Arduino board, but I’ve run into a pretty big problem; my board won’t let me upload sketches anymore. At first it happened when I was boot loading some of my home made boards, but the problem seemed to fix itself, for my board went back to normal. Now when I try to upload a sketch, the board auto-resets, the RX light flashes a few times, but the sketch doesn’t get uploaded and the little status monitor in the enviornment says “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00” I have tried manually resetting, switching boards, USB Cables, Computers, reinstalling software, but still it acts very erratic, uploading sometimes and giving me error messages other times. Any idea on what could be wrong/ways to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Mr_E

I am facing the same problem with Arduino MEGA 2560. Arduino experts please help anyone!!!

1> please check your atmega328 ic if it is heating ic has gone. 2> Upload the boot loader once again