Arduino uno wifi rev2

I was trying to configure my uno wifi rev2 but i can not. It will not let me get past the part were the program recognizes the board via USB. i have taken the connection cord in and out of the board and the computer ten times. There is no antistatic foam just a plastic case that came with the board. i have also reset the board many time. What am i doing wrong?

1 Like

From the Arduino IoT Cloud FAQ:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Create/FAQ#toc11

What devices can I use in IoT Cloud?
Currently, the MKR1000, MKR WiFi 1010 and MKR GSM 1400 boards are supported. In the future, the MKR Vidor 4000 and Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 will be supported too.

So you can see that your Uno WiFi Rev2 is not currently supported by Arduino IoT Cloud.

However, you can use the Arduino Web Editor or the Arduino IDE to write sketches for your Uno WiFi Rev2 to do an infinite number of amazing things, including IoT applications (just not Arduino Iot Cloud specifically yet). Since you're interested in connected applications, you might study the documentation for the WiFiNINA library:

There are also a bunch of tutorials that demonstrate the usage of the WiFiNINA library:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LibraryExamples#WiFiNINA

Thanks so much!! When the update comes out for my board to be connected to the IOT what do i do?

Once support is added for the Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 in Arduino IoT Cloud, you'll be able to use it just like the MKR WiFi 1010 or MKR1000. I think I remember you're already using it with a MKR1000 so you might be familiar with Arduino IoT Cloud. Otherwise, you can find some introductory information here (and in the links off that page):

Although Arduino IoT Cloud does generate the code that allows your board to communicate with the Arduino IoT Cloud dashboard, having a good understanding of how to write sketches is still important to allow you to add all the additional functionality you need to your devices. So the knowledge you gain from writing sketches for your Uno WiFi Rev2 will also be very useful for working with Arduino IoT Cloud.

Thanks! When i was trying to get a serial port to show up on my mac when i plugged my uno wifi board it pick the wrong serial port. This is it... /dec/cu.usbmodem1412(Atmel atmega328 Xpained mini) How do i change the serial port for the board so that i can upload sketches.

1 Like