Arduino + XBOX360 Controller[RESOLVED]

|500x500 This shows the joystick mechanism on the 360 controller. Assuming the 3-pinned component labeled "3810" is a potentiometer what is the best way for me to emulate one using the Arduino so that I can send my own controller movements to the main chip? I assume I will have to measure the resistance min and max and supply voltage before knowing exactly what I will need to do. What is the best approach? I'll try to keep this updated as I progress on this project.

Looks just like the one on the Esplora.

Not to be rude but: and...?

PrescottJoule: is a potentiometer what is the best way for me to emulate one using the Arduino so that I can send my own controller movements to the main chip? I assume I will have to measure the resistance min and max and supply voltage before knowing exactly what I will need to do. What is the best approach?

"the best way to emulate one" The Esplora pots are also labeled "103", which suggests 10K, but they measure "1500 ohms" in circuit. The pot is likely scaling a voltage. With your voltmeter between Gnd and the pot wiper, you can determine the range. Is your plan to effect pre-determined combinations of voltages in place of the joystick pots?

Sorry I didn't say so earlier- I'm using an UNO. My plan is to autonomously control the controller by interfacing the UNO with my laptop and desktop. I also might use it just to mess with friends (programming in aim assist type things) Thanks

I mentioned the Esplora by way of comparison. I was messing about with mine, coincidentally, having some time on my hands this weekend. (Maybe it's what you're looking for, official versions can be found for around $25.)

Uno, autonomously controlling controllers, laptop/desktop, etc. - maybe you could fill in the blanks.

What I plan to do it hook the UNO up do my old 360 controller that I have disassembled. My sending the appropriate signals from the Arduino through the traces associated with a certain control I can fake it into receiving inputs. E.g. I send a high pulse through the trace associated with the A button from the UNO. The controller registers this as a press of A and my character jumps accordingly. By interfacing this with my laptop and Xbox the Arduino/Laptop can make decisions on what to do based on the environment the Xbox is simulating. Add in some primitive AI and you have a CPU character that can do very basic task in a game.

http://provideyourown.com/2011/analogwrite-convert-pwm-to-voltage/

"Add in some primitive AI..." Minor detail. :-)

Thanks, thats what I needed, for some reason a search was not pulling this up

I went with "Arduino PWM filter"