Are these modules good for what I want to do?

Hey guys. I recently started using Arduino and I'm not so good at knowing what is each module doing. So i got a list a modules and I would appreciate if someone can tell me if i can use them for what I want or not.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP8266-Serial-WIFI-Wireless-Transceiver-Module-Send-Receive-LWIP-AP-STA-Arduino-/252063412097?hash=item3ab0266f81:g:7sAAAOSwPcVV1cg7
    I want to be able to connect to a wifi network, navigate to different web pages and read the source code.

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-H-Bridge-DC-Stepper-Motor-Drive-Controller-Board-Module-Arduino-L298N-HG-/281551893660?hash=item418dccf49c:g:sm8AAOSwYGFUsJ9I
    I want to be able to rotate a wheel using this motor. Maybe even connect that wheel to something like a door lock and when I start the motor the key rotates and lock/unlock the door. I'm not sure if this is what this motor is doing since I'm not seeing any part that can rotate. Also i dont know if it has enough power to do that.

3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detect-the-heartbeat-module-KY-039-for-Arduino-/251523815989?hash=item3a8ffcda35:g:lCQAAOxy63FS440S
    I want to be able to put my finger on that led and give me my pulse.

These are the modules I'm interested in and I dont have.
Also, if someone can recommend other fun modules I can play with I would love that.

Thanks!

Forget the first one. That’s a Pi job you want to do.
The others are fine for learning.

So the first one is not for what I want ?
Then what module can I use for what I want?

What is it that you want? This website may help you explain it better: www.xyproblem.info

"I want to be able to connect to a wifi network, navigate to different web pages and read the source code."
^ for the first item.

Yes, but why? What is it on the web pages that you are reading? How often? How much data?

"Source code" might be interpreted to mean the PHP or Ruby code. You won't get that from a webserver.

You didn't read my link, did you?

What is this navigation and viewing taking place on?

"I want to be able to connect to a wifi network, navigate to different web pages and read the source code."
^ for the first item.

Use a laptop or desktop computer for that purpose.

softt:
^ for the first item.

And do what with the source you've read?

MorganS:
Yes, but why? What is it on the web pages that you are reading? How often? How much data?

“Source code” might be interpreted to mean the PHP or Ruby code. You won’t get that from a webserver.

You didn’t read my link, did you?

I want to be able to add data from my pc to my website and then let my arduino to read that data from my website by getting the source page.
That data could be like a database with hours letting the arduino know when to run something and when not to.

I want to be able to rotate a wheel using this motor.

Item 2 is a motor driver, not a motor.

The first one is a radio that will allow you to connect to another computer or router. While it can be done, running an Arduino web browser won't be very efficient. Especially when the browser you are using right now does it so well.

The second one lets you control a motor or motors (depending on type), but as jremmington said, it does not include the motors. Fine if you want to play around with different motors, but most people decide on a motor/driver combination so the work together.

The third one sounds fun. You could make a hearbeat monitor for an exercise machine, or a diy fitbit.