Atmega 328P as isp programmer

Hi to all, i have an atmega328P(standalone 16Mhz) and i would know if is possible to use it as ISP programmer, with a usb to uart module.

Thank You

Yes. Load the ArduinoISP sketch onto it. If your USB-to-Serial implements Auto-reset (DTR) you should disable that.

Probably cheaper to order a USBasp from eBay for <$4.

motodaddo:
Hi to all,
i have an atmega328P(standalone 16Mhz) and i would know if is possible to use it as ISP programmer, with a usb to uart module.

Thank You

Does it have arduino bootloader?

I've burned arduino pro mini bootloader on atmega328, and the chip on USB ->uart is a cp2002. I noticed that bootloader is ok, in fact i've uploaded Arduino ISP sketch trough usb and the breath led is fine, bit when a try to use it as ISP programmer, the IDE gives errors. I used" Arduino ISP" as programmer in prefereces ->programmer

johnwasser:

This.

I really don’t know why people spend their lives trying to build ISP programmers when they’re so cheap.

fungus:

johnwasser:

This.

I really don’t know why people spend their lives trying to build ISP programmers when they’re so cheap.

Probably because is a way to learn something else! Anyway thank you for your answer…

Most likely because you live in SPAIN, not Veneuela!

alah: Most likely because you live in SPAIN, not Veneuela!

Lo siento por ti amigo, dile a Maduro que abra una fabrica de programadores AVR.

Tell Maduro to create a public Industry for AVR programmers.