Atmega32u4 Arduino ide bootloader

Hey all this would be my first encounter needing to burn the Arduino IDE bootloader onto a blank ATMega32u4 that I bought from Digikey.

What all do I need to buy in order to program the bootloader for that chip? In the manual for the 32u4 it says it comes with a bootloader but I'm guessing its not the arduino bootloader?

Is the pinout for the ISP all that I would need in order to upload the Arduino bootloader?

I've seen this post on stackexchange

but I wont be using the through-hole design.. its going to be the surface mount SMD kind so i wouldn't be able to put that on a breadboard.

So would it be as simple as breaking out the ISP pins on the 32u4 and just hooking those up to a Arduino Duemilanove board even if its not the same ATmega chip (As in copying the atmega32u4 arduino to the Duemilanove and then transferring that to the 32u4?)?

You need the MOSI, MISO, RESET, SCK and the other signals. That's all.

I think a Duemilanove will work. Upload the ArduinoISP to the arduino. It becomes a programmer, and the target will be the ATmega32u4. The chip in the Duemilanove doesn't matter, since that is now acting as a programmer.
Select the programmer, and select the target board and processor (ATmega32u4). Perhaps you can make your ATmega32u4 compatible with the Leonardo board. In that case select the Leonardo as your board. Burn the bootloader, and it will be written into the target.