Audio Transmission

Is it possible to do similar to what my last topic except with audio transmission. My idea is to do an analog read of the two audio channels current levels on one Arduino, then send it over maybe a serial cable, or a xbee to another arduino which will have 2 digital potentiometers or if possible, just use pwm to write to 2 wires running into a female audio jack. Will it work?

Is it possible to do similar to what my last topic

What is that then, your last post was Using Arduino / Project Guidance / Tinybasic as used in ben heck? Please provide a link or say what want to do.

My idea is to do an analog read of the two audio channels current levels on one Arduino, then send it over maybe a serial cable, or a xbee to another arduino which will have

Why use two arduinos? Using the current level to control the volume of what? It seems like an odd thing to want to do. Is the idea to make the volume level constant and remove all the dynamic range from a sound?

i was talking about my post about wireless usb transmission. the point is simply to transmit the audio long range

the point is simply to transmit the audio long range

But you said

My idea is to do an analog read of the two audio channels current levels on one Arduino

There is a world of difference between reading an audio level and reading an audio signal.

I can’t see where the arduino comes in. It is not capable of a very high sample rate especially for two channels.
Have you checked the data rate of the Xbee it is not suited for sending audio data.
The problem with serial data apart from the data rate is that you have to send one sample then the other, how are you going to know which is which at the other end.

If you want to play around with digitizing audio, I’d start with one Arduino 1st. If you can get that to work with quality that’s acceptable to you, you should be able to transmit the digitized audio to another Arduno.

The biggest problem I see is that you need to sample the analog input continuously (actually at regular short intervals). The timing (sample rate) is very critical. When your sketch needs to do anything else, like transmit the digital data, you’ll have to pause reading of the audio input, or you’l have to do it between sample-reads. (Computers read audio data at a smooth constant-rate into a buffer, which is part of the soundcard/soundchip. Then, the buffer is read in a quick-burst when the CPU can get-around to it.)