I'm new to electronics, yet I've chosen to go with something more meaningful then turning and LED on or controlling a motor.
The whole idea of this project is to provide an high quality (as much as my brain will allow me to) auto-grow device that will be able to turn and cabinet/room into a growing area with ease.
I plan to build it using simple (CHEAP) components and open source it completely.
*The proffered method for such small places (IMO) is "Top-Fed DWC", therefore I'll might be focusing towards that.
The device will be based on 4 components:
- Sensors: (Air temperature , Air humidity, Air CO2, Luminosity, water PH, water EC, water temperature)
- Doser: Handle 4-6 nutrition bottles (2 for PH up and PH down)
- Watering system
- Light control
The device will be recipe based for your grow - which you can share (or use others), for example:
For the first 2 weeks:
turn lights on for 10H and then turn off for 14H
balance PH level between 5.5-6.5
for every liter of water added to the Reservoirs add 1OZ from doser#1, 0.2 from doser#2
From the 3rd to 5th
The device will log all info and will make it available using a dedicate app/web server.
So what will it include (ingredients):
- Air temperature and humidity: DHT-22
- Air CO2: MQ-135
- Luminosity: GL5528 LDR OR TSL2561
- Plant height: HC-SR04
- Water temperature: DS18B20
- Water PH: No product name
- Water level: HC-SR04 OR No product name
- Nutrition Douser (4-6 units): Peristaltic Pump
- Image: VGA OV7670
- Scheduled tasks: RTC
- WiFi: ESP8266
- Log info: No product name
- Air pump into Reservoirs: DC Pressure Oxygen Air Pum
- Water pump to water the plant: 240L/H Ultra Quiet Brushless Motor Submersible
- oddr: Carbon filter
How to calibrate the GL5528 LDR Source I
How to fix the RTC ZS-042 module: Source I
Check if its possible to keep the PH meter in water for a long period of time
Other projects I'll relay on:
- Water Quality Monitoring and Notification System
- DRO-Matic OS-Hardware-Requirements)
- Portable Arduino Temp/Humidity Sensor with LCD
- hydroMazing Smart Garden System
- Measuring Water Level With Ultrasonic Sensor
- How to Use OV7670 Camera Module With Arduino
What do you think guys?