avr-g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

my laptop run os ubuntu 14.04
i have normaly arduino IDE 1.0.5 install from apt-get
but now i try to use arduino id 1.6.0, i just download and extract and running arduino but i have error avr-g++: error trying to exec ‘cc1plus’: execvp: No such file or directory

if i have arduino ide 1.0.5 notting error message…what i must do?

thanks

It looks like the IDE you’ve downloaded is missing some pieces. Try downloading it again and retry

Eu tive o mesmo problema, resolvi no linux mint com o seguinte comando no terminal:

chmod +x -R ~/arduino-1.6.0

[u]Atenção para o caminho onde esta salvo a pasta do Arduino![/u]

I had the same problem, I decided on linux mint with the following command in the terminal :

chmod +x -R ~/arduino-1.6.0

[u]Attention to the way in which this saved the Arduino folder![/u]

I have this same problem, receiving the same error, but using 1.0.6 on Fedora. Does anyone have a fix for this?

The chmod +x solution offered above doesn't seem valid as there is no ~/arduino-1.6.0 directory, that is to say that my home directory contains no directory named arduino.

A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they have an old 1.5.x installation. Those problems seem to be caused by out-of-date executables that the new IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory. In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X: /Users/username/Library/Arduino15

On Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

I don't know where they hide the folder on Linux.

Thanks Elvys_Araujo

Cual solucionar e problema, mucho gracias!

my spanish is rusty siento!

johnwasser: A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they have an old 1.5.x installation. Those problems seem to be caused by out-of-date executables that the new IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory. In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X: /Users/username/Library/Arduino15

On Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

I don't know where they hide the folder on Linux.

Linux = /home/.Arduino15

Just had this problem and found this thread. Using Debian and the location for the sub-dir is noted above. I renamed the directory, restarted the IDE as it will create a new /.Arduino15 directory and all should work.