Best GPS module

Hello, I was wondering what the best GPS module is?

Price isn't a problem but looking for something that's reliable and highly accurate...

I have heard that the Adafruit 746 Ultimate GPS Breakout is pretty good but wanted to get some more opinions.

Regards,
S

Most GPSs in the hobby range and sub £100 price range have around the same accuracy\resolution.

In general the better the GPS antenna the more stable the location and variance in position. There are Ublox GPSs with 25mm ceramic patch antennas than might slightly improve on the Globaltop used by the Adafruit board, but dont expect miracles.

srnet:
Most GPSs in the hobby range and sub £100 price range have around the same accuracy\resolution.

In general the better the GPS antenna the more stable the location and variance in position. There are Ubloxe GPS there with 25mm ceramic patch antennas than might slightly improve on the Globaltop used by the Adafruit board, but dont expect miracles.

Thank you very much.

I will look into it

I use NeoX modules ( X as in 6,7,8 )

I use modules with provisions for mounting an SMA connector. it's the only serious connector for GPS. u.fl is a bad joke, and the jokes on you.

I use modules with two mounting holes or more. one mounting hole is a swivel, two or more is a mount.

this is the module I use:

2 Likes