Bike RPM Shift indicator

So, I think I managed to complete my first actual build but need someone to check it out before I go and blow my circuit..
The resources for my build is listed below.

The design is to run my ATMega328 from 12v and monitor my Motorcycle RPM (max 12v), triggering a "shift" indicator light also connected to a 12V feed.

I am a total NOOB and would love it if you could comment on mistakes and\or suggest improvements. I am not done with the Sketch and will add it to this post when done.

I haven't analyzed your entire circuit but I would object to your representation on general principles.
You have shown the ground for the top two of the three inputs on the left side of the page ABOVE the voltage that those grounds are supposed to be associated with. In other words, electrically it is correct, but standard convention is that an input or output signal is represented ABOVE the associated ground. If just move the grounds down a bit so that the ground is below the signal,then it would look normal. As it is , anyone looking at it is going to think " I take it this is his first attempt at drawing a schematic.."
(don't be offended by that. I'm just saying FYI, it looks wrong, even if it is right, electrically)

What is the purpose of the "Output 12V ?" There is a transistor and a 220 ohm resistor. When the transistor is turned on, it will pull whatever is connected to that input LOW. The 220 ohm resistor is connected to the input of the 5V regulator. If you jumper the 220 ohm resistor to the collector of the transistor and then turn on the transistor, it would bleed off the input to the 5V regulator and shut everything down so I am a little confused about why those two signals are together, (not knowing what they are connected to )

Thanks for the reply.
This was in fact my first attempt at drawing circuit so the crit is much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thank God you didn't just tell me to go to hell .... XD

LAWL. Thats the only way us noobs will learn. This is my first circuit ever, so hopefully the electronics will work.. took forever to draw but would be awesome when it works. XD

What is the purpose of the "Output 12V ?" There is a transistor and a 220 ohm resistor. When the transistor is turned on, it will pull whatever is connected to that input LOW. The 220 ohm resistor is connected to the input of the 5V regulator. If you jumper the 220 ohm resistor to the collector of the transistor and then turn on the transistor, it would bleed off the input to the 5V regulator and shut everything down so I am a little confused about why those two signals are together, (not knowing what they are connected to )

oh sorry, didn't see that part:

The output will be connected to a 12V LED light strip that is mounted inside the Rev counter so it should actually be programmed to pulse a 12v signal when the sense input reaches a certain voltage ( about 11v)

Ok. Now it makes sense.