Bluetooth Garage Opener

I just got involved with arduino a few days ago and am enjoying learning more about how circuitry works. For my next project, I would like to connect my remote garage door opener to arduino and make it such that I can open and close my garage door opener using arduino code. Later, I intend on implementing this into an app, but what I would like to know just how I should go about setting this up. I have seen tutorials online, but I was hoping to get assistance for my direct project. I have a lift master garage and I will link a picture of the remote opener's circuit below.

Front - IMG_1163.JPG - Google Drive

Back - IMG_1164.JPG - Google Drive

Thank you for your help.

the crude way: check how the button is wired and add an arduino to the original pcb.

As #1, there is usually a manual button somewhere on the unit.
Originally intended for a wired aux button in the garage.
Operate via a set of voltage free relay contacts.

I have this same project working at my house. I use LORA transceivers as opposed to bluetooth--but the concept is the same.

I have my arduino nano output to a 5vdc relay, upon close it closes the contacts that are also connected to the wired remote in the garage (the push button but the door where you can manually open/close the door). Basically that switch momentarily closes--the garage door senses closed circuit and opens or closes the door. My relay is simply in parallel with that switch. Works like a million bucks.

My unit also

1. has an ultrasonic distance sensor so the arduino can detect door position open or closed
  2. unit has a wireless transceiver E44-TTL-100.
  3. there is a second "base" unit in the house that sends / receives signals from the garage door
  4. base has a graphic touch screen with open close buttons where i can open / close the door
  5. base also reports current status of door (no more peeking in garage to see door status)
  6. base also has wifi and connects to my home internet so I can see door status and open/close from any connected device (computer or phone).

The wifi module works sometimes though--junky unit. Other that that pretty cool. Future aditions will be to connect lights, weather sensors, hotwater tanks temp, and maybe the a/c unit.

Thank you for your detailed explanation of your setup. After further research and reading through the comments on my post, yours included, it seems like I should connect the points the button is connected with to a relay board and then connect that to an arduino uno or something like it which will have a Bluetooth or Lora module connected to it. Then I can code the arduino to perform the desired tasks. Does this seem correct? Thank you.

bensalk:
Thank you for your detailed explanation of your setup. After further research and reading through the comments on my post, yours included, it seems like I should connect the points the button is connected with to a relay board and then connect that to an arduino uno or something like it which will have a Bluetooth or Lora module connected to it. Then I can code the arduino to perform the desired tasks. Does this seem correct? Thank you.

Common and normally open voltage free contacts on the relay, yes and then arrange the code to only operate the relay on for maybe 1 second and then turn off again.

Perfect! So, I will solder wire to the different contact sides- after reading with multimeter- and then connect to the COM and NO on the relay. Thank you for your help.

bluejets:
As #1, there is usually a manual button somewhere on the unit.
Originally intended for a wired aux button in the garage.
Operate via a set of voltage free relay contacts.

Thank you