Bluetooth transmitter

I everyone

I am a beginner with Arduino and I have a question about my first project.

I would like to send to a computer via bluetooth analog data that I'll get with a force sensor.

My force sensor is connected to an amplifier which is stacked on top of an Arduino Uno.

I want to read the data with Excel so I will use the program PLX-DAQ from parallax.

Basically, I want don't want any USB cable between the Arduino and my computer, but I need at least a data receiving distance of 150 feet.

What is the best solution?

What is the best solution?

Some other type of radio, like XBee, or 433 MHz modules with VirtualWire and good antennas.

Does something like that could work?

http://www.icstation.com/433mhz-transmitter-receiver-arduino-project-p-1402.html#.U5mRFo1dURU

Do I need another Arduino to connect the receiver?

Is there any open source code that I can use to transmit my analog data?

Yes to all questions. VirtualWire and RadioHead are open source (as is all Arduino code).

Thank for the reply!

I am beginning with the Arduino so if someone could explain me how to connect the transmitter and receiver.

On my my transmitter Arduino, I already have this amplifer on top of it. http://www.robotshop.com/en/strain-gauge-load-cell-amplifier-shield-2ch.html

I'll connect the transmitter to the amplifier (which is connected to the Arduino). Did I understand right?

Which pin do I use to transmit the analog Data that I will receive from the load sensor?

On the receiver Arduino, I'll connect the receiver on which pin?

Then I will connecter the receiver Arduino with a USB cable to a computer to transfer the data on Excel. Is this right?

Your shield makes use of some of the pins on the Arduino. You'll need to know which ones and not use those for your Bluetooth module.

The Bluetooth generally needs 2 pins along with VCC and GND. Most likely you'll need a voltage divider for the RXD signal for the Bluetooth module.

I would suggest buying a prototype shield and stack it on top of the other shield.

I believe the amplifer shield is using pin A0, GND, GND and +5V

The transmitter is using pin VCC, GND and DATA

So, can I stack the transmiter on top of the amplifier?

Which DATA pin should I use to transmit my analog data?

Slow down, you are getting ahead of yourself.

Depending on which type of radio you choose, carefully follow all the directions in the simple test setups in order to get basic communication working. There are tutorials on line for all types of radio communications, so spend some time with Google before making your choice.

After you get the example working, make sure that you understand that example [u]completely[/u] before you add a sensor and try to communicate actual data.

Post questions here if you get stuck.

Marmotine: I want to read the data with Excel so I will use the program PLX-DAQ from parallax.

Be aware that, while some people have claimed success, the general view on this is that PLX does not work with versions of Excel later than about Office 2003.

Also note that you might have to get pretty smarty farty with the bluetooth installation on the PC, as the number of COM ports accessible by PLX is limited. I have never succeeded in feeding PLX via bluetooth.

Be aware that, while some people have claimed success, the general view on this is that PLX does not work with versions of Excel later than about Office 2003.

I did install that PLX on Excel 2010 yesterday and the program did open pretty well, but I didn't try to upload data yet...

Slow down, you are getting ahead of yourself.

Depending on which type of radio you choose, carefully follow all the directions in the simple test setups in order to get basic communication working. There are tutorials on line for all types of radio communications, so spend some time with Google before making your choice.

After you get the example working, make sure that you understand that example completely before you add a sensor and try to communicate actual data.

Post questions here if you get stuck.

Thanks for the advice

I will probably start my project without the wireless thing since this is my first Arduino project.