Firstly, thanks for reading my post! I am very excited about this project and had done a fair amount of research. I have zero experience in anything to do with Arduino but I do have basic knowledge and had build many custom computers to be fair. To begin my journey into Arduino, I would like to show you my plan based on the research I had done;
Unified IR remote controlled project for my room.
In short, What Im trying to achieve is;
- Use my keyboard to power on/off my AC unit and av receiver.
- Use one IR remote to power my ac unit and av receiver.
Based on my research, the hardware I need;
- Arduino nano ch340 (connected and USB powered by PC)
- This IR emitter and transmitter http://www.lelong.com.my/digital-38khz-infrared-ir-sensor-transmitter-kit-arduino-ubitronix-177577761-2018-05-Sale-P.htm
- USB cable - to power the controller
Im not really sure whether i would need extra resistors as some of the schematics ive seen had resistors at the IR led but some didn't which leads me to the question
- Is the hardware chosen sufficient? do i need to add resistors anywhere?
- Ive based my plans largely on this http://www.build-electronic-circuits.com/arduino-remote-control/
I understand that resistors reduce current but can you explain more based on the site's schematics why he added a resistor on the ir led and not the ir receiver?
- What would your plan be if it was your project?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and answering them!