Building custom tail lights, need some help.

Hello everyone, I would like to start off by saying that I am a beginner, and don't know much about electronics. I am attempting to build custom tail lights for my car.

This is what I would like to achieve with my lights:

• Use RGB LEDs (so the color of the leds could be switched)

• All regular functions of a tail light

• Sequential turn signal (flow pattern when activated)

• Have a button activated "show mode" (the reason I want to use RGBs as opposed to single color diodes)

• For the show mode, I would like to have it take over all the LEDs in the tail light, and perform some cool animations, and change all different colors and whatnot.

I have attatched a basic drawing of the very basic scheme that I think might work to accomplish what I would like to do. (I'll add again, not very knowledgeable in electronics) I am not quite sure how I would get the power signal from the car's signal wires to activate the lights and the code that they were assigned.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am quite a beginner, and don't know much about electronics. I am attempting to build custom tail lights for my car.

This is what I would like to achieve with my lights:

• Use RGB LEDs (so the color of the leds could be switched)

• All regular functions of a tail light

• Sequential turn signal (flow pattern when activated)

• Have a button activated "show mode" (the reason I want to use RGBs as opposed to single color diodes)

• For the show mode, I would like to have it take over all the LEDs in the tail light, and perform some cool animations, and change all different colors and whatnot.

I have attatched a basic drawing of the very basic scheme that I think might work to accomplish what I would like to do. (I'll add again, not very knowledgeable in electronics) I am not quite sure how I would get the power signal from the car's signal wires to activate the lights and the code that they were assigned.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

In your image you have specified 4 microcontrollers, whcih is wrong. Arduino itself is the microcontroller board.

Anyways, first you need to get your hands on your Arduino board. You should buy Arduino Nano or ProMini as they are quite small in size and then test different examples like Serial Monitor digital read write etc.

Then interface your RGB light with Arduino and thorughout this project, you will face problems, share them here and get help.

Duplicate topics moved and merged

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.