Burning program on atmega328p-pu without bootloader

I need to burn a sketch I wrote to an atmega328p-pu due to space constraints imposed by the bootloader. Can any one help me? Arduino version 1.5.6 Windows 8.1

modsbyus:
I need to burn a sketch I wrote to an atmega328p-pu due to space constraints imposed by the bootloader. Can any one help me?
Arduino version 1.5.6
Windows 8.1

The IDE directly supports uploading a sketch using a programmer rather then the normal USB serial uploading via a bootloader equipped chip. In the tools menu under programmer you will find the various ICSP programmer that the IDE supports, which can include an arduino board running the arduinoISP sketch.

I saw that and tried using the arduino ISP sketch on one arduino uno and programming an atmega328p-pu but as you said it requires that the chip being programmed has the bootloader. I need the extra programming space that the bootloader is using and tried finding a resource telling me how to do it but wasn’t able to find one. Everything I was finding was about how to put the bootloader on it. I know how to do that, but my sketch is only leaving me with 20 bytes left. Obviously that isn’t enough to run the program.

Need an AVR ISP. I use Atmel AVR ISP MKii for all my chips. http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Atmel/ATAVRISP2/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv256HIxPBQcA8%252bsNH3cLLR

Others struggle to get Arduino as ISP to work. From the posts here I'd fewer have success than succeed. Your call.

When you run out of room, I offer a 1284P duemilanova style board with FTDI interface, 128K Flash, 16K SRAM, 32 IO, dual serial ports. http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

I have seen the same results looking though the forums as well. Taking a shot in the dark.... can this be done with an ftdi ? Or is that something different?

Different. FTDI provides USB/Serial interface, working with the bootloader to update memory. AVR ISP accesses memory directly thru the SPI pins, to either install a bootloader, or to install a sketch and not have a bootloader.

due to space constraints imposed by the bootloader.

Really? If 512 bytes out of 32k (1.6%) will really make a difference, it's probably just as easy to look for space savings in your sketch...