Can I use conductive glue to keep project on a breadboard permanently?

Can I use conductive glue or wire glue to keep a project on a breadboard permanently? My project is on a high quality breadboard. I know that soldering is a better option, and yet, do you think that hypothetically I could use conductive glue to keep the wires in breadboard pins and keep them from getting loose in the future?

And what would be a good technique to do that? put the wires in breadboard and inject glue pasta in there? or put glue on the wire and then stick it in breadboard?

Cheers.

That depends on the environment the board will be operating in, I would have thought.

GrooveFlotilla:
That depends on the environment the board will be operating in, I would have thought.

Which would be an apartment. :slight_smile:

An apartment in Juno, Alaska, or an apartment in Kuala Lumpur? (Can you see where this is leading?)

GrooveFlotilla:
An apartment in Juno, Alaska, or an apartment in Kuala Lumpur? (Can you see where this is leading?)

You are not saying people in Alaska like it minus 40 in their apartments, are you? :slight_smile:

I would think hot glue to hold components in place, and let the springs in the breadboard hold the wires.

No I'm saying there's likely to be a huge difference in RH and temperature in the two locations, but you're just being an arse, so sort it out with someone else's help.

GrooveFlotilla:
No I'm saying there's likely to be a huge difference in RH and temperature in the two locations, but you're just being an arse, so sort it out with someone else's help.

Yes, but you are saying it now. In your previous post, you were just as good as me. :slight_smile:

It doesn't seem to me that conductive glue would be the best, since a bit of glue seeping into the wrong places would short everything out. I have tried hot glue as CrossRoads suggested. It kinda works, but I always see something that needs changed after gluing!

One thing, after getting glue in the holes, they don't work very well, even after you pull the glue out. You might want to consider something like a "perma-proto board". It's set up exactly like a solderless breadboard, but is solderable. That way, you can design on the solderless, and when you are happy with the design, solder it up.