Cannot generate profile file

I've tried to download the firmware within the PLC IDE.
It does not work and reports "Cannot generate profile file" under the Resources Tab.
I've already tried following:
Deinstall / Reinstall Arduino IDE with Notebook reboot, etc.
Tried different hardware Arduino Machine Control, Arduino Opta

Any help would be appreciated

Forgot to install the Arduino PLC IDE Tools

Hello I'm new and I'm having the same problem as you but I don't know what PLC IDE tools is

Hello,
I'm Francesca from Arduino.
You can find the files needed for the installation here
When we refer to the "tools" we are meaning the file "Arduino PLC IDE Tools", the second installer you can see in the box below:

For the full installation procedure, you can have a look at these two tutorials to download and install it properly!

Hello,
I do not see the choice of 'Arduino PLC IDE Tools' at the download page. The current version is Arduino PLC IDE 1.0.6. Is it being accidentally removed? Or it has been combined?

(Edited)
I noticed that the 'Arduino PLC IDE Tools' is already installed, so seems the answer is that it has been combined in a single package.

But I am seeing error when compiling for Arduino Opta : 'Cannot generate profile file (error mesage: Error Path not found)'

It appears it is because I need to run the Arduino PLC IDE using an account that has Administrator permission.

Hey @ckunta4arduino,
starting from Arduino PLC IDE 1.0.6 the PLC IDE Tools are included in the same installer file.

Please, before installing the Arduino PLC IDE 1.0.6 remove both the PLC IDE 1.0.3 and PLC IDE Tools 1.0.3 using the App management tool from the Windows' Control Panel.

Also, you may want to remove the folder %APPDATALOCAL%/T (e.g. C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\T) from your PC to have a clean installation.