Cant make a basic circuit

"Get to know your tools"

any ideas why the led is not lightning when i press the switch?

when i connect the led directly without using the switch it works fine but when i use the switch it dont work any ideas ?

Try turning the switch 90 degrees.

i tried it will not fit if i turn it anyway i forced it to fit and it ddnt worked

Are you sure the LED isn't connected backwards?

Also, sometimes it seems that those pushbuttons can't make a good contact with the breadboard's contacts... Or maybe the button is not working, can you check it with a multimeter?

the led is connected correctly (i tried direct circuit without switch) i tried i pushed the switch strongly i thing it touched the breadboard how can i check a switch with a multimeter ?

Put the multimeter in continuity test and touch the 2 contacts of the button. No sound is emitted. Push the button and repeat: the multimeter should beep. If not, then either you're testing the wrong contacts or the button is not working properly.

Try temporarily replacing the switch with a piece of wire.

...R

Can you post a photo taken DIRECTLY ABOVE (DEAD CENTER) the circuit (as is the STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE for circuit photos)

raschemmel: Can you post a photo taken DIRECTLY ABOVE (DEAD CENTER) the circuit (as is the STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE for circuit photos)

I'm surprised at you encouraging photos :)

Make a pencil drawing of all the circuit connections and post a photo of the drawing.

...R

I think the legs on the switch are just not long enough to reach the contacts in the breadboard.

broken push button :P that's it

put the button on same side as led, turn it it will fit as the distance is correct. as there are 4 pins you have many possibilities