Capacitive fuel level sensor and analog (100/510ohm) meter.

Hi,
I’m a beginner with arduino and I’d like to ask if it’s possible to turn capacitive sensor signal to look like I had a variable resistor level sender unit in my tank?

Meter wants to see 100ohm or 510ohm variable resistor, I’ve attached a screenshot from meter install guide.
Read capacitance from sensor ADC 0-1023 and control TTL transistor with PWM?

you highlighted the wire labeled as green.

so, what we know. you have a green wire.

what we do not know, everything else about the device.

your question is rather interesting. Read capacitance from sensor ADC 0-1023 and control TTL transistor with PWM?

what does TTL do in your application ?

what does your device do with PWM as an input ?

I think the sensor is just sensing the level using a capacitance sensor, rather than reading capacitance. So the sensor does all the processing to give out a voltage (or maybe a resistance?) proportional to fuel level.

So I dont think you need to convert between capacitance and resistance, you just need to scale from empty to full.

I'm sorry if I was unclear, I'll try to explain more detailed.

Stock sensor is variable resistor and I don't have stock sensor anymore. I was planning to build custom capacitive level sender because it seems impossible to find suitable for my needs as I don't wan't one with flange.

you highlighted the wire labeled as green.

so, what we know. you have a green wire.

what we do not know, everything else about the device.

Yes, green wire goes to level sender unit and it should be 0-100ohm or 0-510ohm.

your question is rather interesting. Read capacitance from sensor ADC 0-1023 and control TTL transistor with PWM? what does TTL do in your application ?

I thought I'd use logic level transistor but is it needed just with MOSFETs? I was playing with high amp logic level MOSFET and led strips while ago and I was told that "normal" MOSFET would not be suitable.

what does your device do with PWM as an input ?

I want to simulate stock level sender by kind of "dimming" with PWM. Can this even work?

yendis: I think the sensor is just sensing the level using a capacitance sensor, rather than reading capacitance. So the sensor does all the processing to give out a voltage (or maybe a resistance?) proportional to fuel level.

So I dont think you need to convert between capacitance and resistance, you just need to scale from empty to full.

As I said above, I'd need to build custom sensor because of limitations of space, it's motorcycle tank and it should be without flange but with small thread. Most of sensors give 0-5V output and I don't think I can use these with my meter can I?

Ah so you were thinking of building a capacitive sensor from scratch! To design such a system, and make it work safely, accurately and reliable enough would take considerable time and knowledge. Good luck!