Changing pixel-colors of display with two HDMI inputs

I want to display something on my display via. an arduino/raspberry I thought of something like this:
Screenshot_17
Can I just get the normal input from my Computer and draw, if needed, some pixels red?
I don't know if my idea makes any sense or is even remotely possible.
Would love to hear your thoughts!

Monitor = Display

a splitter is not a "merger" device.

it will either take the input from the RPi or from your computer - not both.

In the broadcast industry they call what you are looking for a "video mixer" (merge two signals together). The signal format is usually SDI and not HDMI.

those devices are expensive. look at blackmagic's offering for example. Use a graphic input cards (decklink cards that allow HDMI over PCIe capturing- there is the "DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder" which allows for 4 HDMI streams capture in real time ) in a computer and use some code or software solutions (vMix possibly) to merge the signals and output to screen

I appreciate your help,
Do you think something like that would be more suitable:
Screenshot_18
Or isn't it possible to manipulate the input gotten from the computer to change some pixel colors?

the HDMI port on your RPi (forget arduino for doing this) is an OUTPUT port, so you can't grab frames out of your computer and modify them on the fly in real time before you reach the display

for that you need an acquisition board such as the one I've shown above, running on a quite fast computer so that you can acquire the current frame, inject whatever you want to merge and output to screen without adding too much latency.

it's not a task for a small RPi. you need a "real" computer with an acquisition board.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.