Code Tags

Do you think we could get the code tags button </> changed to just say CODE, as so many people don’t seem to get it, and Quote tags are used instead? Wouldn’t that make life easier all around?

OMG I second that completely...

And while they are there add an extra space so people don't miss and post on the wrong side of the slash..OK two places and place the cursor in between.

Pretty please with many bells on...

OK keyburd time duly wasted on a wish.

I seem to remember this being proposed a few years ago back when the code button was something like <#>.
It obviously hasn’t been taken to heart by those who decide these things.
Either just CODE or, perhaps better yet,

[CODE]

might reduce the amount of raw or quoted code.

And if I may ressurrect another blast from the past. Someone suggested that the top banner on the main forum page have a row of flags representing the various languages available in the other forums which are links directly to that forum. Might cut down on the number of Spanish/German/Italian/etc. posts that the mods have to move.

Pete

@ el_supremo
Language idea is another great one.
Many sites change the language dependent on the IP being used but still offer a change selection option.

That would bugger me up a little on occasion as I use random VPN IP's but keeping it in your preferences should be an option at sign up and fix that.

CrossRoads:
Do you think we could get the code tags button </> changed to just say CODE,

It would be nice.

But aren’t you much closer to the levers of power than the rest of us?

…R

I would just be happy to get my icons back on the editor when using iPad!

I don't know if it is Apple or Arduino problem but it is frustrating.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
I would just be happy to get my icons back on the editor when using iPad!

I don't know if it is Apple or Arduino problem but it is frustrating.

Weedpharma

Don't Hijack! There is another Thread about your problem! :slight_smile:

...R

I did suggest some time ago to the writers of this forum that a post be searched for a void loop() appearing outside code tags and if found the post being not made and pointing into a how to use code tags message. I was told that he did not think that this was a problem on this forum. It shows how much time the people responsible spend on here, or not.

Not using CODE tags is certainly a problem with noobs, but I think the much bigger problem is this:

Making a single post, allowing the discussion, which is often quite useful - yet isolated in a single thread - to continue for many posts. The OP never returns for feedback or further discussion.

It is my opinion that some of these posters are 'answer trolls': Perhaps people, perhaps bots, that post test questions to many related fora, in order to generate answer banks.

@ CT were you ever on the Fixya site ? they did that and now its rated as a spam site pretty much

Never been to Fixya, but I have noticed science questions are easily found with Google. The student's answers are also found that way! :o

The cure is to make the questions very creative.