Communication Between Esplora and Uno

Hey, I recently built a robotic arm (from a kit), and ultimately, I'd like to control it with my Esplora. But there's a lot of things that I'd like to try first.

How can I use my esplora to control things that are going on with my Arduino Uno (such as servo motors). Is there a way to connect them directly, or would I have to use my computer as a relay for information? If so, how could I go upon doing that?

And then, moving on from that point, this robotic arm has five DC motors. From what I understand, the Esplora has two outputs with three pins each, that look like they connect to those servo motors. That being said, is there any way to control all 5 of those arms? Or let alone 2? (These already receive electricity from 4 C batteries).

I know that these are a lot of questions, but I'm hoping that someone much more experienced than me has the answers. Thanks for reading,

Marco

chummer1010: How can I use my esplora to control things that are going on with my Arduino Uno (such as servo motors). Is there a way to connect them directly..

Sure, you can communicate with another Arduino by Serial, SPI, I2C.

And then, moving on from that point, this robotic arm has five DC motors. From what I understand, the Esplora has two outputs with three pins each, that look like they connect to those servo motors. That being said, is there any way to control all 5 of those arms? Or let alone 2? (These already receive electricity from 4 C batteries).

Yes, you can use it to control DC and servos motors, but will need a driver for them. You will also need to find a pinout to select the right pins to use.

codlink: Sure, you can communicate with another Arduino by Serial, SPI, I2C.

Which of those methods would be the most simple for this situation?

codlink: Yes, you can use it to control DC and servos motors, but will need a driver for them. You will also need to find a pinout to select the right pins to use.

On the Esplora, one ouput reads Out-B D11 and the other reads Out-A D3.

hate to do this, but bump.

You could use google to see which one you want to use. They are all meant to communicate to other boards and devices. Once you have found the pinout, you will know what pins you can use.

Bumping after 4 hrs will drive away members that can help. Don't be pushy, we have lives too. If you would have used google like stated before, you would have already been done.

codlink: You could use google to see which one you want to use. They are all meant to communicate to other boards and devices. Once you have found the pinout, you will know what pins you can use.

Bumping after 4 hrs will drive away members that can help. Don't be pushy, we have lives too. If you would have used google like stated before, you would have already been done.

i'm sorry. I think I will be either using Serial or SPI. thanks for the help