Compilation error: read ECONNRESET

using arduino IDE 2.0.4
flashing board nodemcuv2, core esp8266
on win10-64 (new pc)
even without and with ZADIG (to provide xtra ser, port)
I noticed numerous topics which all seem to have come to halt on this forum
The error kills me and forces to look for a better environment to work with unlesss somone can help me out

Hi @twillert. I'm sorry that you're having a problem compiling. I'm going to ask you to post some additional information that might help us to identify the problem.

:exclamation: NOTE: These instructions will not solve the problem. They are only intended to gather more information which might provide a clue that eventually leads to a solution.

Please do this:

1. Select File > Preferences from the Arduino IDE menus.
  2. Check the box next to "Show verbose output during: ☐ compilation".
  3. Click the OK button.
  4. Select Sketch > Verify/Compile from the Arduino IDE menus.
  5. Wait for the compilation to fail.
  6. You will see a "Compilation error: ..." notification at the bottom right corner of the Arduino IDE window. Click the COPY ERROR MESSAGES button on that notification.
  7. Open a forum reply here by clicking the Reply button.
  8. Click the <CODE/> icon on the post composer toolbar.
    This will add the forum's code block markup (```) to your reply to make sure the error messages are correctly formatted.
    Code tags icon on toolbar
  9. Press Ctrl+V.
    This will paste the compilation output into the code block.
  10. Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.
  11. Click the Reply button to post the output.

In case the output is longer than the forum software will allow to be added to a post, you can instead save it to a .txt file and then attach that file to a reply here:

1. Open any text editor program.
  2. Paste the copied output into the text editor.
  3. Save the file in .txt format.
  4. Open a forum reply here by clicking the Reply button.
  5. Click the "Upload" icon (Upload icon) on the post composer toolbar:
    Upload icon on toolbar
  6. Select the .txt file you saved.
  7. Click the Open button.
  8. Click the Reply button to publish the post.

Alternatively, instead of using the "Upload" icon on the post composer toolbar as described in steps (5) - (7) above, you can simply drag and drop the .txt file onto the post composer field to attach it.

type or paste code hereUsing board 'nodemcuv2' from platform in folder: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\3.1.2
Using core 'esp8266' from platform in folder: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\3.1.2
"C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\esp8266\\tools\\python3\\3.7.2-post1/python3" -I "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\esp8266\\hardware\\esp8266\\3.1.2/tools/mkbuildoptglobals.py" "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Arduino IDE\\resources\\app\\node_modules\\arduino-ide-extension\\build" 10607 "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino\\sketches\\691EE7144E1449CD7B73DF7AA17C87D3" "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino\\sketches\\691EE7144E1449CD7B73DF7AA17C87D3/core/build.opt" "D:\\Arduino\\Blink/Blink.ino.globals.h" "C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\esp8266\\hardware\\esp8266\\3.1.2\\cores\\esp8266/CommonHFile.h"
default_encoding:       cp1252
Assume aggressive 'core.a' caching enabled.
Note: optional global include file 'D:\Arduino\Blink\Blink.ino.globals.h' does not exist.
  Read more at https://arduino-esp8266.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/a06-global-build-options.html
read ECONNRESET

Compilation error: read ECONNRESET
would this be a hint to the cause of my problem

Tool arduino:avr-gcc@7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7 already installed
Tool arduino:avrdude@6.3.0-arduino17 already installed
Tool arduino:arduinoOTA@1.3.0 already installed
Downloading packages
arduino:avr@1.8.6
Replacing platform arduino:avr@1.8.3 with arduino:avr@1.8.6
Uninstalling arduino:avr@1.8.3
Error upgrading platform: arduino:avr@1.8.3 is not managed by package manager
Uninstalling arduino:avr@1.8.6
Platform arduino:avr@1.8.6 uninstalled
Failed to install platform: arduino:avr.
Error: 13 INTERNAL: Cannot upgrade platform: arduino:avr@1.8.3 is not managed by package manager

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.