Contrast artifacts fault on LCD2004 display [IMAGES]

Greetings. I apologise if this thread does not belong in this category - I am new to the forum.
I have an LCD2004 display with an I2C adapter which shows some visual artifacts in the cells. I have attached photos to better convey my situation. The images are of the same LCD but with a different contrast set.

Text character contrast (or brightness, I'm not sure what the proper term here is) is not consistent, unused cells have active spots, and unused pixels within cells that are in use are dark.

Has anybody experienced this? Can I fix it on my own, or is the display a lost cause?

Thanks in advance.

Two more images

Look at the circuit board for any signs of damage or component looseness.

Check for good grounding (connecting wire or breadboard).

Squeeze the circuit board. I am assuming the board is at least two layers and squeezing either makes bad connections "make" better (and better display) or break more (worse display).

Are you constantly writing lcd.clear and lcd.print?
Can you post your code?

What type of electronics is near. Are there any transmitters. Is static prevalent where it is?

Please post the code, using code tags.

Why did you post so many photos of the same basic information? What is responsible for the different appearances of the screen?

As already asked, are you constantly writing to the LCD?

I must iterate that this is a hardware fault local to the LCD. On another 20x4 LCD, with the same Arduino and same program, the text is completely fine.
If it matters, the LCD is displaying the time and date derived from a GPS module ( NEO-6M ), which itself is having no effect on the image on the LCD (since the image on the other display is fine).

I tried removing the display from the board (the part with the black frame which is mounted to the board with twisted tabs) and re-installing it. This changed the contrast pattern, so the problem was the contact between the glass assembly and the PCB. The contrast pattern has not been eliminated, however, so I will attempt inserting something between the pink rubber and black frame to increase pressure on the contact points.

Edit: this changed and worsened the pattern, but did not improve it

In the future, please include such important information in your first post. Then forum members don't have to waste everyone's time asking irrelevant questions.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.