Control 3 Stepper motors independently with LCD and keypad for a table saw.

Hi Guys, I'm new to Arduino and as usual with any project, I throw my self in at the deep end!!

What I am aiming to achieve is to control 3 stepper motors independently without using GRBL. Motor 1 will move the saw fence, motor 2 will lift the saw blade and motor 3 will shift the angle of the blade.

Components:

1, Arduino Nano R3
2. 3x Nema 17 Stepper Motors
3. 3x A4988 Stepper Drivers
4, I2C 16x2 / 20x4 or Nokia 5110 LCD's
5. 4x4 Keypad
6. Breadboard, wires, etc
7. 3x End stops / Homing switches (Maybe 6 for the end limits if they will fit on the nano.)

How I plan on doing it is, At switch on all motors will move to their home position. Then by pressing A on the keypad, it will allow the control of motor 1 and display on the LCD "Current Position" and "Enter Distance" and when I press B it will control motor 2 and C motor 3. Each motor will have a limit in MM from the home position so they don't exceed their own limits.(if I can't fit anymore limit switches on the nano)

The motors and drivers will have their own 12/24V power supply, and all the other components and Arduino Nano R3 will be mounted/connected to a custom PCB.

Here is a link to the brainy bits video where he is controlling 1 stepper motor just like how I want to do it with the saw fence but with a ball screw instead of a belt.

If anyone can help me with this I would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

You have explained your project well but I can't figure what exactly you want help with.

Do you have a program that does part of the job?

WARNING ... if this saw is being used in a workplace get WRITTEN approval from your liability insurer before you start this programming project.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

Planning and Implementing a Program

Thanks for your reply @Robin2,

It's the coding that I need help with. The electronics side I am good with, but I haven't a clue about the coding.

I'm reading a dummies guide to arduino but when it comes to reading books I have a short attention span and drift off thinking about what I can do next, then I forget what I have just read lol.

I think a good, to the point Jargon Buster will help to explain what the int, if, else, void and the likes do and mean.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike.

Robin2:
WARNING ... if this saw is being used in a workplace get WRITTEN approval from your liability insurer before you start this programming project.

[/quoe]

This is for personal Home use.

s200bym:
It's the coding that I need help with.

Without a more specific question I don't know how to respond.

Have you studied several of the many example programs that come with the Arduino IDE.

Googling terms that you don't understand is usually very useful.

...R