Control 9 servos with board from Arduino Uno and Due

Hello,

I'm looking for advice what device is appropriate for both Arduino Due and Uno, to control 9 servo motors from controller with single board to include it into assembly box of my project and avoid extra soldering or manual connection on breadboard

I use 6 7.6-Gram Sub-Micro Digital Tail Servo and 3 D50012MG High Speed Digital MG Servo 25T

I found WitMotion 32-way steering gear control panel controller seems like it is incompatible with Arduino and can work independently

And [USB USC-32 Channel Servo UART Controller Board Unit for DIY ROBOT for Arduino](https://www.amazon.in/Hobbypower Hobbypower-Channel-Arduino-Controller-USC-32/dp/B00HUO926M)

I'm not sure if I'm on the correct direction

Any advice, guide or example would be helpful

Hi, What total current do your servos require?

terryking228:
Hi, What total current do your servos require?

Hello,

I can't find datasheet for power and current 7.6-Gram Sub-Micro Digital Tail Servo EFLRDS76TG to answer your question

First off all I want use 6 units of this E-flite EFLRDS76TG servos, because it is fast 0.03 sec/60° 4.8V to accelerate maximal part weight about 180g with short range of degree

Also I have to use 3 less fast but more powerful servos like D50012MG High Speed Digital MG Servo 25T 5.4kg / 0.05sec / 56.7g in total 9 servos

my breadboard connection is 5V and ground to servos on pins, servos not powered someway separately, controller plugged with 9V adapter

I want avoid powering with 5V output of an Arduino and use a separate power supply for servos, but I'm not sure, how to power it with 12V or 9V when motor uses 4.8-5V ?

I don't know, if it is more than 20-40mA current, standard servo should be between 1 and 2 amps max in operation.

As I found, most hobby servos have a startup current of an ampere or so, and consume several hundred mA when moving

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLRDS76T

An Uno can control up to 12 servos without needing any external boards.

But the servos must have their own power supply.

...R

Robin2:
An Uno can control up to 12 servos without needing any external boards.

But the servos must have their own power supply.

…R

Hello

Yes, I don’t know if particular motors requires more than say 20-40mA current, anyway I want avoid power servos with 5V output of Arduino, but I’m not sure, how to power it with 12V or 9V when motor uses 4.8-5V ? Reason to use some board, is compactness of connecting the wires from motors, to include it in assembly casing

aive:
how to power it with 12V or 9V when motor uses 4.8-5V ?

Why would you consider powering the servos with 12v or 9v? Just give them the correct voltage. Most servos are happy between 4.8v and 6v - but check the specs for your servos.

…R

Robin2:
Why would you consider powering the servos with 12v or 9v? Just give them the correct voltage. Most servos are happy between 4.8v and 6v - but check the specs for your servos.

...R

I'm not sure how, If controller powered with USB or 9V power adapter and output to servos 5V, but I have to power servos with 5V separately

For example scheme with PCA9685 16 channel Servo controller shows that PCA9685 16 powered with 5V and ground from Arduino with two servos, with many motors powered separately:

My goal is to keep usb and one single power wire from assemble. How properly provide 5V to supply enough current to servos, what power supply I have to use, and how to separate power for controller and servos from one power source

Also I found this Mini USB 16 servo controller board for Arduino robot and Mini Maestro 12-channel USB Servo Controller , particular without power terminal on board, only pins. As well as 32-way steering gear control panel controller and [USB USC-32 Channel Servo UART Controller Board Unit for DIY ROBOT for Arduino](https://www.amazon.in/Hobbypower Hobbypower-Channel-Arduino-Controller-USC-32/dp/B00HUO926M) and PCA9685 16 channel Servo controller

I never had a practice, so I need advice what is compatible with Arduino Uno and Due.