Control Actuator with time command

I am working on a school project which requires me to control a linear actuator with an Arduino Uno Rev3. I need to program a specific time for the actuator to extend/retract. I have tried to follow some of Progressive Automations tutorials but have had no luck.

I am using an Actuonix L16-R 6V linear actuator with direct power supply and use the RC signal cable to Pin13 in my Arduino.

I have basically copied and pasted the code provided by Progressive Automations.

They use an H-Bridge, but I do not think I need one, as I am using a 6V power supply and 6V motor.

I need help coding because I have basically no experience programming Arduino and do not really know how to begin. I have provided pictures of my setup and “circuit diagram” below.

Thank you!

this did not attach originally

kodypicc:
I am using an Actuonix L16-R 6V linear actuator with direct power supply and use the RC signal cable to Pin13 in my Arduino.

They use an H-Bridge, but I do not think I need one, as I am using a 6V power supply and 6V motor.

The -R versions of those actuators are essentially servos. That's why you don't need an h-bridge since the electronics is built in to the "servo".

I'd suggest testing it by running the Servo Sweep example, then look into the timing aspects once you have it working at least.

You need to take the black battery wire to Gnd on the Arduino as well as to the actuator.