control RGB strip via arduino w/ RGB amp

Hey Guys,

i just started with Arduino and wanted to control my RGB strip with my arduino. I followed this instructions and made a circuit like that:

I also tried to connect the input v+ to vin but nothing worked.

This is the data sheet of the RGB amp from the seller:

Input Voltage: DC12-24V
Output: 3 channels
Output Power: 12V: 96W - 24V: 192W
Output current: <4A (Each Channel)
LED Indicators: Signal and Power.
Connection type: Screw terminals
Controller unit dimensions: 115 x 64 x 23 mm
Water resistance: IP20
Plug & Play installation

I don't know what i am doing wrong or if the voltage of the nodemcu just isn't enought.

Thanks in advance

I followed this instructions

That is where you went wrong, yet another crap instructables project. That site ought to be banned.

Did you read the comments? It tells you there is not enough signal voltage from a 3V3 processor like you have. Also it says that wiring the 12V into the 5V Arduino pin can fry the Arduino, and you went and did it.

Your schematic is useless for telling anyone how you have wired it up, there are no ID on the pins of your “Arduino” so we can’t tell what you have connected to what. Also there is no indication on your diagram what the connections into your LED amp are, well not at the resolution you have posted.

So first of all disconnect the Arduino and test it with the LED blink sketch on the three pins you are trying to use. Then post a proper schematic showing how you have connected things.

I don’t see a common ground connection and that mistake might just have saved things.

Grumpy_Mike:
So first of all disconnect the Arduino and test it with the LED blink sketch on the three pins you are trying to use.

I've tried that before and after and all ports still work

Grumpy_Mike:
Your schematic is useless for telling anyone how you have wired it up, there are no ID on the pins of your "Arduino" so we can't tell what you have connected to what. Also there is no indication on your diagram what the connections into your LED amp are, well not at the resolution you have posted.

I think all the ports were labeled (btw you can click on the image to view a bigger version)

You need to connect the Gnd of the 12V supply to the Gnd of the Arduino. You also need to connect the +ve on the LED amp to the Vin pin of your Arduino and not the 3V3 input.

I don't see a common ground connection and that mistake might just have saved things.

Looks like you were lucky.

Now you need to put a level shifter between each of the Arduino's outputs and the LED amp's inputs.