Control Robotic Arm via Android or iPhone

Dear arduino gurus, currently I am doing a project regarding a robotic arm which can be controlled via mobile apps. Which mobile platform is better when it comes to controlling the robotic arm? I do know that there are iOS is a sandbox OS and therefore there are lots of limitations for instance, Bluetooth is not officially supported. What do you guys think? Which platform should I go for? Thank you :slight_smile:

i think android is easier - but if your goal is to use it in an marketing thing you have to go with ios devices..
other idea is - you search for possible finished systems to use-
so you dont have to learn all the stuff to setup a complete one application and communication system..
i think i have read about some ideas and concepts some where ..

s-light:
i think android is easier - but if your goal is to use it in an marketing thing you have to go with ios devices..
other idea is - you search for possible finished systems to use-
so you dont have to learn all the stuff to setup a complete one application and communication system..
i think i have read about some ideas and concepts some where ..

Well frankly speaking I am not going to use it for the marketing sector. So what made you said that Android is easier to program? Any features that iOS is lacking as compared to Android? :slight_smile: